Recordings of conventions and co talks

by GoUnion 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

Are the parts on conventions and the talks given at congregations at co's still under the orders not to be recorded by the members? i seem to remember an announcement like this when i was in, but i paid very little mind to it. after learning about some of the more outspoken talks given by co's over the years i was curious what their official reasonings were for these bans.

it seems clear to me though that the ban is simply to give themselves some sort of plausible deniabiltiy and allow the co's to go on their little rants. anyone have any information on this?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

As far as I know any recordings anyone makes of anything are for personal use or for immediate family members only.

I always thought it odd how paranoid they were about recordings and literature. I remember my father saying about the origonal watchtower library software that it couldn't be installed on a computer that had a network connection because they were afraid that apostates could get a hold of it. I wish I'd asked the question I was thinking: "So what?"

Yet another in the long list of clues that it's a cult...

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

They can't stop you from recording meetings and assemblies. They always give that disclaimer how they are for personal use. They don't want the tapes circulating because of the crazy shit CO's, DO's, and Bethel speakers say.

OneEyedJoe: Never heard of that. Pretty sure that's not in the TOS at all for the WTLIB.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Anyone have recordings of the 2014 convention yet?

The reason that they don't want recordings circulated is that people will listen and then not attend and then

that disrupts their business model of getting people to walk by the contribution boxes and because of their reliance on

the arrangement, they contribute.

Remember everything is based on $$$$$$4

• Fernando
    Fernando

I believe this (also) happened soon after our family exited on the basis of a recorded talk (given in Australia at a local hall by the COBE) against the liberating gospel of grace, and against imputed righteousness. The apostate ruling religious clergy class and hierarchy hated that we had made and distributed copies, at the beginning of 2010, leaving them no "legitimate" wiggle room, and exposing them as frauds and enemies of God and man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit