My mom WILL love this

by simplesally 4 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Well, you all seem to have moms in the "truth"..... my mom isn't, never was and was unhappy I became one. But then she came around to accept it and not have a bad view of JWs.

Now I am df'd and she was madder than a hornet. Even called one of the elders and gave him a piece of her mind. Now she is not even friendly to a JW she encounters.

We had a birthday party for my daughter. My mom couldn't come, but we sent her pictures. She will be sooooo happy. My daughter got 3 birthday cards this year and some gifts.

My mom will be happy to see the pics! They turned out so cute!!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

How lovely for you to celebrate your daughter's birthday. I'm sure your Mom will be very pleased with the pics. Most Grandma's love that kinda stuff.

My Mom isn't a JW. She was raised in it, but always hated it. My parents divorced after many years of marriage and my Dad is currently an active JW.

Andee

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

When I was a good lil dub, my Mom accepted the troof, got baptized. What that did however, was encourage her to go 'back'to my abusive father. Yep, she married him a second time. He continued to beat her and the elders councelled her to keep trying.
    However, she called me frantically one day, and my hubby and I went and helped her leave him for good this time. When she saw what the elders put me through, she walked away from the troof and is now happily busy in her town church.
    For my girls' first xmas, she threw a HUGE one for them. She also has nothing to say to any JWs now.
    I'm really glad the borg didn't manage to separate you and your Mom, Sally.
    And a belated Happy Birthday to your little girl!

Mimilly

• raven101
    raven101

Hey simplesally congratulations! I'm really happy for you. It feels wonderful to give your child a happy birthday doesn't it?

I remember how excited I was when I got birthdays back, they were jerked away when I was 8 and I was thrilled to get them back! One good thing about missing all those birthdays though . . .

I'm remarkably youthful!

• TheStar
    TheStar

SimpleSally,

Neither my mother nor any members of my immediate family ever became JWs either, thank goodness.

Isn't it nice to now share wonderful times with them? My family and

I have gotten close since my becoming inactive, especially my sister and I.

Even if my husband never leaves the JWs, at least now I have my mom, sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles to once again share my life with. (Father and grandparents are deceased).

Maybe you could put some up those birthday pictures here, I'd like to see them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit