Reviling of Rebels

by FFtruther144 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FFtruther144
    FFtruther144

This past Sunday at our meeting, the talk was focused on "Rebelion". As usual, doctored-up scriptures were plucked out of context from the NWT so that "Rebels Worldwide" were slandered, actually reviled. The concept of defiance of authority or resistance to government or to the payment of taxes was also ridiculed and discouraged. It saddened me greatly to see all the heads in the Hall bobbing in agreement! I only go to meetings now for my wife’s sake. I actually HATE listening to these lies! I want to stand up right in the middle of the talk and shout out “Liar!” I am very discouraged at the vast number of absolutely uninformed, blissfully ignorant sheeple in this relegion!

Romans 13 was used to "PROVE" that all government is by and of Jehova, and that rebellion against government is rebellion against Jehova always. The key sentence of Romans 13 (KJV) is: "For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil." In other words, governments sanctioned by Jehova are supposed to fight evil and protect their citizens from evil. Governments sanctioned by Jehova do not commit atrocities on anyone, especially their own people.

2nd Samuel 23:3 (KJV) describes a legitimate government according to Jehova: “The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.” When ANY government or ANY authority over a people becomes corrupt and perpetrates evil on its own citizens, It is time to REBEL.

Psalm 94:16 (KJV) commands us to Rise Up or Stand up against tyrants: "Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?"

Ephesians 6:10-13 (KJV) warns us to resist the evil inherent in earthly government: "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand .

Ephesians 5:11 (KJV) commands us to EXPOSE the works of darkness: "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." The word "reprove" comes from the Greek elencho and means "TO EXPOSE."

James 4:17 (KJV) commands us to do the right thing, to not ignore or allow evil to go unchallenged: “Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”

In Micha 6:8 (KJV) God asks us to do justice: “ He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly , and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? ”

Do these scriptures advocate total blind obedience to all authority?

The Elder giving the talk failed to mention one single story from the bible where Jehova supported rebellion against a governing authority. There are so many of them! The Bible DOES NOT say that we must ALWAYS OBEY government. In fact when one reads the bible independently, and on a personal basis, it becomes obvious that the message is the opposite of this talk! I am writing a white paper on this very subject and I absolutely prove through scripture that proper rebellion is REQUIRED by Jehova. In the future, I will be publishing a book proving that the Watchtower Society is a pro New World Order project. This week’s talk was another brick in the wall of ignorance and mis-direction perpetrated by this religion. I have pity for all the millions of confused and totally ignorant Jehovas Witnessess giving their lives up to this un-holy cult!

When the New World Order hammer falls, the Watchtower Society will be right there lending a big tax exempt helping hand...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The GB are drunk with power.

That is what happens when a group of egomaniacs set themselves up in an ivory tower (bethel), and surround themselves with minions, yes-men, and sycophants.

The underling elders in the cong's think they own a slice of the pie, but they are deluded. Individual elders are expendable, just like individual pub's are.Which many find out only after years of faithful service to these dictators.

Just walking away is the only rebellion needed. I wish more would realise this.

Just say: "THIS STOPS WITH ME!"

I agree with your disgust over the mindless headbobbing by the drones.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You are correct, one of the themes of the bible is the righteous one and you can see in the writings that the righteous one is a person willing to stand up against any power, kings, religious leaders and even the devil to do what is right in gods eyes....Funny thing is in a week or two another speaker will show up and give a talk contradicting everything this guy said..

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

You must have felt pretty crazy after listening to this crap.

I agree, the best rebellion is walking away - with your freedom of mind.

Good luck.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I agree, the best rebellion is walking away - with your freedom of mind.

Yes, WALKING AWAY. NOT DAing or getting DFd.

We were at a JW wedding this weekend. We've changed Congs a couple times in the past year or so, thus no one really knows where or if we are attending meetings. (We're not.) But obviously there is the gossip grapevine, as most JWs there did not approach us, but we approached them like nothing has changed and forced them into conversation. We can still talk the Company Line.

It's been said that the greatest revenge is living a happy and successful life. Well, that is what we're really making efforts to do at this point and it definitely is the face we put on at this kind of event. We never talk the negative or complain about anything. We simply put on the happy face and express how great life is treating us. And it isn't bad.

If we had taken a "stand" and gotten DF or if we had DAd, we would not have been invited to the event; we would not have been able to engage in conversation; we would not have been able to take advantage of opportunities to drop a few seeds. Oh, it would be great to hear what their chattering about after we leave their little group huddle, or what their saying to each other on their drive home.

They would probably enjoy our discussion on the way home as well. We're glad we're not captive any longer. No guilt about skipping meetings or field service. We're working on developing a "life". Though I must admit we sometimes miss all those old (conditional) friends. Or at least we miss the "true" friends that we thought they were. Now they're just like distant family that we only see at weddings and funerals.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit