SOCIETY OFFICIAL'S TESTIFY AT TRIAL

by Giordano 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Giordano
    Giordano

SOCIETY OFFICIAL'S TESTIFY AT TRIAL

In 1954 some of the most important leaders in the Society were called on to give testimony in a court of law in Scotland in 1954.

The testimony is found here at http://hourglass2.com/historical/the-list/List7_09.htm

Nathan Knorr was President of the Society at this time, and Fred Franz was vice President. Hayden Covington was legal counsel for the WTBTS and a former vice-president. Grant Suiter it’s Secretary and Treasurer. Three of the four would be subjected to questioning....their answers are interesting.

As I read their testimony I remember that at this time 1954, the JW’s were being called the ‘fastest growing religion’ and there was no doubt that what had started as a movement by Russell had become a highly organized business/religion and would in later years become not only a publishing house but also a real estate holding company.

The people interviewed were ‘Princes of the Church’............. WTBTS style. They were confident that they were right about everything they published and in fact even if it was wrong it was right because as the Oct 15 1954 WT said on pg 638 “Even the erroneous viewpoints held by JW’s during the ST world war served their purpose in contributing to the fulfillment of prophecy, for Jehovah had long ago foretold a condition of spiritual uncleanness upon his people at that particular time and the cleansing work that would be done. Hence such things are to be expected according to prophesy and their confirmation is a confirmation that this is Jehovah’s use of the organization.” Actually this was a case of having your cake and eating it too. I spent the day hand typing the trial out and found when I posted it it became one big blob of words with no paragraphs. So you'll have to go to the site and read it for your self. It is a quick and entertaining read with a lot of "Oh MY' thrown in as well.

• L3G
    L3G

Thx for the share but many people here have known about the Walsh trial for years. Perhaps good for some newbies here though.

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

I used the phrase "forced unity" when an elder told me only JWs have love among themselves. Always nice to know others think very similar to me, helps remind me I'm not crazy. thanks for the link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit