Donating Blood

by Pete Zahut 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Ask the next JW you encounter or who happens to showsup at your door, whether or not it is permissible , because of the new light regarding blood fractons, for Jehovah's Witnesses to donate blood so long as they specify in writing that their blood be spun down into fractions before it is used for medical purposes.

I did.....it's interesting to watch their eyes glaze over.

I'm thinking of calling Bethel and asking the same question.

• scary21
    scary21

I will........if they ever come to the door. I have been in my new house for 7 months. No sign of them yet, but I love that question . I love to ask them questions that blow their minds.. I have had them call an elder on the phone right then and there....Too funny LOL

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

You should call Bethel! They will probably use your question in a WT!

Smart!

• blondie
    blondie

It would be good to find an article or info from the manufacturers of hemoglobin-based products where they state it is made from expired human blood or animal blood. Most jws are not aware of that.

Hemopure

Polyheme

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/medical/125938/1/Hemopure-cows-blood#.U4heJblOVLM

http://www.phlbi.org/divisions/blood-disorders/artificial-blood/

Plus the WTS says that blood should be poured out. Try and find a recent reference to that in the WTS pubs.

(Deuteronomy 12:26, 27) . . .. 27 And you must render up your burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar of Jehovah your God; and the blood of your sacrifices should be poured out against the altar of Jehovah your God, but the flesh you may eat.

*** w00 10/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***

Occasionally, a doctor will urge a patient to deposit his own blood weeks before surgery (preoperative autologous blood donation, or PAD) so that if the need arises, he could transfuse the patient with his own stored blood. However, such collecting, storing, and transfusing of blood directly contradicts what is said in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Blood is not to be stored; it is to be poured out—returned to God, as it were. Granted, the Mosaic Law is not in force now. Nevertheless, Jehovah’s Witnesses respect the principles God included in it, and they are determined to ‘abstain from blood.’ Hence, we do not donate blood, nor do we store for transfusion our blood that should be ‘poured out.’ That practice conflicts with God’s law.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Occasionally, a doctor will urge a patient to deposit his own blood weeks before surgery (preoperative autologous blood donation, or PAD) so that if the need arises, he could transfuse the patient with his own stored blood. However, such collecting, storing, and transfusing of blood directly contradicts what is said in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Blood is not to be stored; it is to be poured out—returned to God, as it were. Granted, the Mosaic Law is not in force now. Nevertheless, Jehovah’s Witnesses respect the principles God included in it, and they are determined to ‘abstain from blood.’ Hence, we do not donate blood, nor do we store for transfusion our blood that should be ‘poured out.’ That practice conflicts with God’s law.

An yet they will accept fractions of blood that was drawn out of someone's arm, stored, separated and stored again and all the while beleive they are abstaining from blood.

They let someone else donate blood (supposedly breakig Gods law) but accept fractions of that blood and let the donor take the fall for having donated it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit