Are you disfellowshipped? You are a victim of a PAGAN practice!

by cappytan 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan

YES! That's right! If you are excommunicated, a.k.a. disfellowshipped, from the organization, you are a victim of a pagan practice!

How do I know this? The FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE has said so!

Awake 1/8/47 Are You Also Excommunicated?
    (Excommunication) is a “canon law” which the Roman Catholic Hierarchy seeks to enforce on the pretext that it is God’s law. The authority for excommunication, they claim, is based on the teachings of Christ and the apostles, as found in the following scriptures: Matthew 18:15-19; 1 Corinthians 5:3-5, 16, 22; Galatians 1:8, 9; 1 Timothy 1:20; Titus 3:10. But the Hierarchy’s excommunication, as a punishment and “medicinal” remedy (Catholic Encyclopedia), finds no support in these scriptures. In fact, it is altogether foreign to Bible teachings. – Hebrews 10:26-31

Where did this practice begin? The Encyclopedia Britannica says that papal excommunication is not without pagan influence, “and its variations cannot be adequately explained unless account be taken of several non-Christian analogues of excommunication.” The superstitious Greeks …. Even the Druids had a method of expelling those who lost faith in their religious superstitions. It was therefore after Catholicism adopted its pagan practices, A.D. 325, that this new chapter in religious excommunication was written.

Thereafter, as the pretensions of the Hierarchy increased, the weapon of excommunication became the instrument by which the clergy attained a combination of ecclesiastical power and secular tyranny that finds no parallel in history.

Here is the screen capture of the article for you to see for yourself:

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Thanks for that reference. Here's a link for it, for any disbelieving friends/family!

https://ia700407.us.archive.org/34/items/1947Awake/1947_Awake.pdf

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    OMG!!! Thanks cappy, that is new to me! 'Evidently' since 1947, their extreme insecurity has shown them it's not pagan, but biblical.
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Thanks Cappytan.
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    GB 2.0 discredits anything that starts with a 19 on it..
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    GB 2.0 discredits anything that starts with a 19 on it..

Right, but supposedly God's Holy Spirit was operating upon the individuals that wrote this article.

Why is this TRUTH one moment and NOT TRUTH the next? TRUTH IS TRUTH.

"I am Jehovah, I do not change..." Mal. 3:6

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Are you BAPTIZED? You are a victim of a PAGAN practice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit