Twilight Zone

by Ding 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

I just watched a rerun of the Twilight Zone episode where Billy Mumy played an omnipotent boy named Anthony.

Everyone had to pretend that anything he did was wonderful even if it terrified them.

They had to do anything to please him so as not to incur his wrath.

One guy got sick of it and told him off.

He begged the others to end the nightmare by killing the kid and thereby getting their lives back.

When they did nothing, the boy turned him into a jack-in-the-box and sent him into a cornfield.

The other adults were horrified, but smiled and told Anthony it was a fine, fine thing that he just did.

When I saw it this time, it reminded me of how the WTS functions.

The GB claims divine authority to run every aspect of JWs' lives.

Those who stand up to it are demonized and cast away.

The rest have to suppress any negative feelings and be "happified," lest they suffer the same fate.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ding, I remember that one well.

I believe that you nailed the story. Most people will suck up to some one that seizes power, even if it is illusory as in the case of the WTBTS and JWs.

The power of beliefs is really quite amazing.

People act as if they are real, when in fact that are just in their imaginations. The rules of the WTBTS create a prison, but it is a prison without walls or bars. Still it holds those that are captive just are completely as if those bars were made of steel and the walls of reinforced concrete.

But the real power happens when one reclaims their own mind and discards the false beliefs, then they have the power to walk through walls!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

In Babylon 5 his name at the beginning of the show was Bill Mummy. Good pick on that TV show. I remember it well. David

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Billy Mumy then:

Billy Mumy

and Bill Mumy now:

Bill Mumy

Personally, I liked him best in Lost in Space:

Danger, Will Robinson!

Danger, Will Robinson!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I'm a big fan of The Twilight Zone.

Here's a link to a thread I started a few years ago about a different episode:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/162845/1/Twilight-Zone-On-Thursday-We-Leave-For-Home-Parallels#.U4YPdHJdVj8

The episode may be viewed by clicking the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVD4N-Pap_o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit