Learning Spanish

by HappyDad 3 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Has anyone used Rosetta Stone for learning a language? Now that I'm living in SW Florida I deal with a lot of Spanish speaking people and would love to learn the basics. My problem is that there are so many different levels with Rosetta Stone, starting about $100.00 to over $300.00.

Any advice would be appreciated.

HappyDad

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I have the Rosetta Stone in Italian. I bought it off groupon last year at a great price, which I now don't remember What I paid. Only problem is I use my i pad and my daughter uses "our" laptop for school. The RS version I purchased only works with a regular computer, so I haven't used it as planned. I'm not sure if newer version are i pad adaptable.

Who knew it would be so hard to negotiate sharing "our" laptop with a teenager? (She's in a really tough school with lots of homework, not just goofing around on it).

Oh, and check with the library. Our local one didn't have it last year when I asked, but they did say they were looking into ordering some of the languages.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Duolingo offers free online courses in Spanish and several other languages. My daughter used it to become conversationally fluent in Spanish and she recommends it.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Marked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit