What the Bible says

by caroline77 4 Replies latest jw friends

• caroline77
    caroline77

If you want to wake up your JW relatives try challenging them with this series of Bible quotations:

Acts 1 v 11

Men of Gal′i·lee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus who was taken up from you into the sky will come in the same manner as you have seen him going into the sky.”

John 20 v 19-20

When it was late that day, the first day of the week, and the doors were locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them: “May you have peace.”+ 20 After saying this, he showed them his hands and his side.+ Then the disciples rejoiced at seeing the Lord

It was the same damaged body that had been wrapped in linen and left in the tomb.

Matthew 28 v 6

He is not here, for he was raised up, just as he said.+ Come, see the place where he was lying

In other words, he got up and walked away.

Matthew 24 v 23-26

Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’+ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it.+ 24 For false Christs and false prophets+ will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead,+ if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned you. 26 Therefore, if people say to you, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.

In other words he won't be hiding anywhere. When he comes back it will be obvious.

• designs
    designs

The train will arrive at 4:30.....

• prologos
    prologos

the inner room = invisibly present, hidden

• smiddy
    smiddy

Rev.22:20 " He that bears witness of these things says ,"yes I am coming quickly"

"Amen! come , Lord Jesus"

This was written 2000 years ago ?

What is your definition of "yes I am coming quickly" ? 2000 years ?

It was written to humans , with humans concept of time , 24 hours in one day.,360 days in one year , not some magical , mystical figure.

smiddy

• Heaven
    Heaven

1) Jesus came to break up families:

Matthew 10:35: “For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—“ (NIV)

2) Yahweh - the god of war:

Exodus 15:3: The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is his name! (NIV)

Yahweh is a man of war. Yahweh is his name. (WEB - World English Bible)

3) Oral sex is in the Bible:

Song of Solomon 2:3: Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest

So is my beloved among the young men

In his shade I took great delight and sat down

And his fruit was sweet to my taste. (NASB)

4) God creates evil:

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. (KJV)

5) God is a psycho:

Proverbs 3:11-12: “The Lord punishes everyone He loves. He whips every … [person] He receives.” (NLV)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit