Prodigal Son

by exwhyzee 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I thought this was kinda' funny...a friend of ours just posted a Instagram photo of the guy who played the Prodigal Son (Josh Orton) in the JW video, giving the Sunday talk this morning at the Hall he is attending.

There are a lot of Ooooh and Aaaaah comments about this guys Celebrity status and people claiming to have known him or been in the same congregation as he was.

One of the people who commented on the photo is the on again off again sarcastic JW brother-in-law of our friend.

He said " Nice to see that the Prodigal Son is doing so much better now"

• disfellowshipped1
    disfellowshipped1

No link to the photo?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Woh woh woh . . . Seven years ago, an MTS graduate told me that he knew the guy who played Timothy in the DVD that came out that year, and he said HIS name was Josh Orton. I even wrote it down so I wouldn't forget. Can you explain?

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Woh woh woh . . . Seven years ago, an MTS graduate told me that he knew the guy who played Timothy in the DVD that came out that year, and he said HIS name was Josh Orton. I even wrote it down so I wouldn't forget. Can you explain?

I have no explaination about the photo other than it appeared on my Son's Instagram with comments from other JW's about it. The comments included this guys name and his being the "star" of the Prodigal Son video. Some mentioned their personal link to him i.e. they went to his cogregation...knew him as a kid etc. The Photo was obviously taken during the meeting an posted moments later. I'm not sure if the guy would have wanted this or what the rules of etiquette are but I suppose he is in a public place so.....

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

is the actor himself in the photo? I just can't figure out how the same name would happen to be used years apart for two different people who just happened to star in WT films.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Is 'Josh Orton' a name that JWs use to pretend they know somebody? ;) (just kidding, I just can't figure it out)

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

A photo was taken of a young guy giving a talk today at the Hall.

Someone we know who was attending that Hall posted it on Instagram

The comments that followed indicated that he was Josh Orton who starred in the Prodigal Son video.

That all I got...

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Maybe the same guy was in both vids?????

• Iamallcool
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Mystery solved (ish): I just watched the interviews on The Prodigal Returns DVD, and the real name of the actor that played him is Casey. Josh Orton played Timothy in the 2007 DVD Pursue Goals that Honor God. Don't ask me how the Instagram users got the names mixed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit