JW connection on Gang Related tv show

by doinmypart 5 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

On Gang Related, a fictional series on Fox about a gang task force, a 2013 JW calendar is on the wall in the pilot episode. The calendar can be seen several times around the 49 minute mark. And one of the characters' nickname is "J-Dub" Praise Jah, such a fine witness! Ha ha.

• stillin
    stillin

I don't watch it, but good eye!

• lorenzoeduardo
    lorenzoeduardo

Want to hear something even more interesting. I'm the actor that plays J Dub on Gang Related, I'm a witness (un-baptized) but still studying and attending meetings. I also got to name the character, the director Allen Hughes wanted something more authentic, the original name of J Dub was pee wee lol, I got J Dub form a real person that a friend of mine knows but now that you brought up the calender etc it's all very interesting, I did'nt even see the calender, praise Jehovah though and thanks for watching :)

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Welcome to the board Lorenzo "J-dub". I enjoyed the show and will continue watching. I hope you're able to continue landing roles in the future. I also hope the person studying with you and/or the elders don't give you too hard of a time about the characters you portray. Here in the southern part of the country the elders gave my nephew a hard time for the character he played on stage at our local theatre.

Take care of yourself and look forward to seeing more of you onscreen.

• lorenzoeduardo
    lorenzoeduardo

Thank you very much, hasn't happend yet but I'm sure it's coming lol. I am selective with my roles, theres a lot that I will not do and will continue not doing. Thanks again :)

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Good luck with your acting career Lorenzo. Hopefully the JW's won't give you too much crap over it, but don't count on it. Even though you are only acting and playing fictional characters the JW religion is so strict & controlling that none of that matters to a self-righteous, self-appointed Counselor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit