Those that are still in or recently left

by skeeter1 7 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Was there a decline in the number of JWs in your congregation? If so, by how many has it gone down and what is the time frame?

(I don't go and haven't gone i a long time. I was curious).

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I left a cong that was lucky on a Sunday to have 50-60 people show up. It used to be closer to 80-90 a few years before. Our shit bag elders pushed many to a neighboring cong that would regularly have 110-120 for Sunday meeting – a lot from my hall. This was almost 3 years ago since I left.

Marking bec I too am curious if the changes over the last year are drastically affecting things.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

We used to have 3 congregations here... average of 80. Now it's two cogregations average of 80 on Sunday and 50 maybe during weeks.

It used to take them 6-1 yr to finish territory. Now it's 3 years.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I havent been in over three years but there wasn't any growth. The Kingdom Hall has been listed for sale for way over a year and not sold. Guess "Jehovah" doesn't want them to sell it???

• Magnum
    Magnum

Don't know the numbers, but I know the look and feel. The hall used to be packed and lively. Now there are lots of vacant seats and it's dead.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

My old congregation in Spanish actually grew from the last time I left there. The congregation I attend now doesn't have many people but it's always been small. Any new people we get are just other Witnesses that want to learn the foreign language. I haven't seen any new converts in the past 3 years since being there except for one young guy.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I am still in and the two congos in our kh are about the same size as they were 25 years ago. Very stagnant. Any new ones usually seem to be not quite right in the head. Our area jws do seem to have a bit of a baby boom though. That may be the best chance at growth if they can find a way to keep them in.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Our hall was lucky to get a third attending... Except when the CO was visiting - not a seat to spare...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit