Who Created God? August 1, 2014 w-- images of God?

by factfinder 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• factfinder
    factfinder

If you look closely at the picture on page 15 there seem to be several weird faces! Is this the art dept. illustrating what Jehovah really looks like? LOL!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I see a deformed skull-like head behind Elisha in the 'Draw Close' book, chapter 4 illustration.

Elijah watches a demonstration of Almighty God’s great power

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bastards are blocking everything.. Just check it out. It looks like a Grey alien skull....creepy.

• factfinder
    factfinder

It is weird. There are some other odd looking faces too. I wonder if someone in the art dept did this intentionally and if so why did proofreaders not catch it? Unless they also wanted those creepy faces/beings to be in the picture!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I particularly like the part where they tell you your reason for not understanding god being without a creator. Obviously you can't understand this concept because you have a limited lifespan and your mind is limited! No, I don't understand the concept because your biggest argument for why life and the univers has to have a creator is how complex it is, but if god's complexity isn't a result of a creator, your argument for god existing at all completely falls apart - that's why it's difficult to understand.

Oh and I don't see any grey alien skull, just a picture of some nebulae.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I kinda think it's the facial recognition 'software' in one's own mind. We are hardwired, so to speak, to recognize faces. So we tend to see faces where there aren't any because of features in a picture that resemble faces. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu7ssnK7UW8

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

its known as subliminal messaging

• prologos
    prologos

the reason that we can not grasp the concept of an uncreated craetor is our movement through time,

which was not always so, it started with the expansion of the universe. no movement before that.

no movement, no sequence, no-- before-- just

time period.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

What is the source of the picture? I doubt someone drew it.

• prologos
    prologos

The print edition is now distributed and the picture is probably a composite, of astronomy and organic forms, i see an octpus on the left and a jellyfish & inards at right super imposed on starclusters (not the pleiades), dust lanes. It would be scary,weird, if the creator wuld lurk there, an old Jesuit tactic.

In the text I find the description of the eternal PAST lacking. "--God has always existed--, no matter how far back in time we CAST our GAZE--" This is a throwback to the ancient's idea that we project our vision to see, like casting a net or beam. We can not probe the past that way. we do it only passively,

Comparing the Eternal to an infinite structure instead, would mean to being able to see endlessly a signal of the presence.

Talking about the future it says: " And he will always exist in the future. " This conveys the idea that the Eternal is somehow ahead of us as we travel through time.

Beeing the Eternal ( a term Einstein used) implies more, it would mean that he IS already in the eternal future. all the way, without end, without moving,-- waiting for us.

musing about the unknown, not deterred by terrible illustrations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit