How do you know that you really have "The ...

by Lady Lee 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The Society's first president, C. T. Russell, died in 1916 and was succeeded the following year by Joseph F. Rutherford. Many changes took place. A companion magazine to The Watchtower, called The Golden Age, was introduced. (Now called Awake!, with a circulation of more than 11,000,000 in over 50 languages.) Door-to-door witnessing received greater emphasis. To distinguish themselves from the denominations of Christendom, these Christians embraced the name Jehovah's Witnesses in 1931. This name is based on Isaiah 43:10-12.

Many JWs do not realize what some of those "many changes" involved. It seems that as Rutherford took over many of Pastor Russell’s beliefs were discarded and replaced with Judge Rutherford’s beliefs. Many who studies with and followed Russell were discontent with these changes and there was a split in the association of Bible Students as they were called at that time. Rutherford took over control of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and the Bible Students kept the name Bible Students. Rutherford requested that Brothers Wright, Ritchie, Hoskins and Hirsh shall, like Brother Johnson, be required to leave Bethel.

Each went their own way. Each believed that they alone had God’s blessing and truth. According to each group the other side left the "truth" of God’s Word and began a different path.

SO… this shows that at a previous time the organization was threatened with a takeover by some people who did not believe that others were acting with God’s anointed spirit. This is pretty well documented in the WT literature and elsewhere. Therefore the WT organization is not exempt from the wrong people trying to take over.

Fast forward to recent history

On Oct. 7, 2000 during the annual meeting of the WTB&TS the seven directors, who were all members of the GB of JWs, resigned their office and were replaced by seven new directors, none of whom are member of the GB. This was the first time in the history of the org where it had non-anointed ones at the controls.

Now how would you really know, I mean really know that the right group won the take-over after Russell died?
    How would you really know that the right people are in charge now?

In both cases you only have their word for it.
    In both cases you have been told "Trust us. We have the truth."
    In both cases you are told to accept without question.
    In both cases you have been told that to doubt what you are told equals doubting God Himself.

So how do you know - for sure if the people you are following have it right?

The website run by the organization has an article on its site well worth reading. It was written to apply to those you meet in the door-to-door work. But read it and think seriously about what it says and how it might apply to JWs

Do you do and are you encouraged to do what the org tells you?

Examine what you believe
    http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2001/8/1/article_02.htm

Reality is that the wrong people have tried in the past to take over the org. You know Satan is busy. How do you know he hasn't fooled you if you don't check it out?

After all the REAL truth will always win out in the end so what do you have to lose by following the org counsel and checking out what really happened and what you are being told.

Think and research and then think some more.

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• Prisca
    Prisca

Good post.

• musky
    musky

lady lee, I think that there are some godly people in many different religeons. I am an inactive witness. For years i have tried to find that "one right religeon". Currently i am looking into the bible students that you posted about. I can't hardly believe anymore that Gosd has only one religeon, and all others will be killed if they don't belong to it. Why is knowing the truth so hard for an adult like me, when the bible says that a young child shall lead them. Doesent that mean that the truth should be able to be discerned by a very young person? Musky

• gumby
    gumby

Yea...the only difference from them and the protestants and the Catholics is.... when they split, they didn't go out and try and kill each other over who is right.

JFR decided he would kill people another way. False medical beliefs, false doctrine which caused "death" of any members who refused to believe his crap!

Prisca...you said "nice post" are thinking of returning to Dubdom?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit