Where in the greek scriptures does it say that the preaching work had been finished in the first century?

by Perversion of a truth 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perversion of a truth
    Perversion of a truth

Just what the title says. I can't seem to remember or find it. Thanks!!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The world has heard about Jesus Christ, the end came for Jerusalem temple and the people living sufferred persecution. Abomination was placed by the temple as prophecied by Daniel.

Jesus was speaking with some his disciples, Mathew 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

JW abuse this scripture when it was for his disciples. Also, not all would be preaching yet JWs it is mandatory.

Anyhow, why would anyone need to preach door to door when now there are churches at every corner also radio,and t.v. If JW really want to fullfill this scripture none would go door to door in the USA or Europe. All these areas knows about Jesus Christ so every JW would need to move to third world countries. Basically they really do not believe this is for modern times.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

(Colossians 1:23) ......provided, of course, that YOU continue in the faith, established on the foundation and steadfast and not being shifted away from the hope of that good news which YOU heard, and which was preached in all creation that is under heaven. Of this [good news] I Paul became a minister.

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

The Gospel was preached in all the earth 2000 years ago.That prophecy was to those who were there with Jesus not to anyone else.The apostels themselves confirm that the preaching was done in their generation

romans 10;18

romans 16;26

colossians 1;6

colossians 1;23

Theproofitwas ofr those people back then comes fromMessiah himself he said that they (the 1st century bleeivers) would not finish going through all the tribes of Israel before he returned in his Kingdom. In other words some of them would still be alive whenhe returned and he did just as he promised.

Also The GreatTribulation was for that generation also and in the messiahs own owrds was once only and would never be seen again. It was all about the destruction of Jeruslaem, the temple and the old covenant. There are no more types or shadows they have been done away with. The end timechurches of today and the last 200 hundred years are lying or mistaken. My youtube channel seekchristonly has some videos on this

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit