anyone been reinstated before they faded?

by love2Bworldly 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Ive been thinking lately about how I was treated by old friends after I was reinstated. It's like I had a contagious disease and people steered clear of me or acted differently like they were being very judgemental toward me even though I was reinstated and no longer disfellowshipped.

anyone else get treated like that?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would suspect you got all the "welcome back" hugs the first meeting, but after that you can bet the "sisters" (since you're a female) were damn sure you didn't corrupt their hubbys.

Doc

• Londo111
    Londo111

Yes! By my former best friend. It made me question why I went the reinstatement route...that was a lot of time and effort for very little.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I'm sure it's a case by case, situation. I was Reinstated twice, and everything was back to normal, as if it had never happened both times. Depends on the mentalities of your friends and family I suppose.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I figure people will find a way to be close to those they truly care about and nothing will keep them away. But I believe Steven Hassan said something to the effect that friendships in a cult have the illusion of depth when in reality they are shallow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit