More Bad JW PR - Africa

by ChiChiMama 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

I bet the Witnesses arent happy about this.
    * http://allafrica.com/stories/200205140095.html

ChiChi

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

From what I have seen, ChiChi, dubs aren't happy about much of anything, except for gleefully looking forward to the utter destruction of noncult members.

For being "Gods People," they are about the most frustrated and unhappy people I see.

• Scully
    Scully

Husband Insults God After: Failed Reconciliation Bid

The Post (Lusaka)

May 14, 2002
    Posted to the web May 14, 2002

Noel Sichalwe

A 44 year-old woman yesterday told a Lusaka boma local court how her Jehovah's witness husband insulted Jesus Christ and God after church elders attempted to reconcile them in marriage.

Josephine Mwanza of Chawama compound said this happened when she discovered that her cheating husband had lied to have gone to Ndola for work and yet he was staying in John Laing compound with his lover.

Mwanza, was testifying against her husband Africa Phiri, 48 a bricklayer whom she sued for reconciliation due to numerous problems in their marriage. Mwanza who was married in 1988 told the court that on December, 17 last year her husband informed her that the company where he worked had gone on industrial break.

She said Phiri told her that he would be working on a private project of building a school with his two colleagues which was supposed to be starting in the evenings till morning in order to finish the work quickly.

"My husband then started going for work in the afternoons around 16:00 hours coming back at 06:00 hours. Then later, he started getting his clothes to where he said he was working from. I called the church elders who reconciled us but he rebelled again. "Immediately the church elders went away from the yard, my husband started insulting them and myself.

He then insulted Jesus Christ and God himself," she said. Mwanza reported Phiri to the Victim Support Unit in order for him to buy food at home for the three children. After being summoned to police, he told her that he would be working in Ndola for three months.

"When I reported him to police for the second time, I was given a call out which I gave to my child to take to a place where I suspected my husband was staying. My son found him with another woman cooking Nshima and chicken when I was starving with my children," she said.

In his defence, Phiri said his grandson decided to stay with him after the termination of his job. He said on one occasion, he found his wife insulting his grandson.

He said Mwanza stopped eating from home and told him to go away from home and thus he went away since December. Presiding justice Sainet Chitambo and justices Henry Mwananshiku and Godfery Banda ordered Phiri to reconcile with Mwanza immediately.

What makes my blood boil about this story is that if the adultery was being committed the other way around (ie, by the wife), rather than trying to reconcile the couple and maintain the man's place in the congregation, the elders would likely do whatever it took to disfellowship the wife.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit