Thanks for the Welcome

by Thirdson 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Sorry I am a bit late posting this. Thank you for your messages of welcome and your replies to my odd few posts. I am sorry that some are upset at some of things I have written. I hope you will get to know me a little better and perhaps change your mind. I will post a brief biography in the next couple of days.

Some of the H2O regulars here know me a little already and others have already exchanged messages with me. Uncle Bruce fed me at an Australian DC 30 years ago this year and I now know who to blame for that food poisoning I suffered!!!!

Finally, thanks to Simon for providing this forum. I hope we can explore many more aspects of the religious belief system we have all shared in.

Regards,

Thirdson

P.S. SiliconX, I accept your apology. Unfortunately, I immediately forwarded an example of the e-mail with full headers to abuse@hotmail. It is in their hands now.

• mommy
    mommy

Thirdson,
    I for one am not "mad" at you, silly I may have shown my viewpoint of one of your posts, but that is what a discussion board is about, isn't it? We get to throw something out and everyone gets a shot at it.
    I had the priveledge of speaking to Siliconx about what he did to you, and subsequently did to me, and others as well. He was in the chat room with several others as well. He seemed very unstable at the time, obviously, so I am willing to give him the benefit, for now. It basically was harmless, just stupid, childish tricks.
    I look forward to your future posts. And can't wait to read your bio
    Btw I was raised in the org and have currently been away for 8 years. I am new to the internet since Nov 2000. One day I was searching the web and decided to punch in JW. Guess what I found? Yep alot of info I had never even dreamed of. The pieces of my life started to fall into place. Up until Dec I never would even admit the JW was a cult. I read more and more and now I can't get enough. Serious doubts I had as a child came back.
    Remember "childhood" memories? Like gramma only telling us the secret to her french toast? Then you grow up and are talking to your sister and realize she too was the only one who knew grammas secret? Well that is what I am likening this journey to, an adult version of myself, holding the hand of the child version, as we explore my childhood again, through different eyes. I am just so glad I found Simon's board, everyone is so loving and really helpful.
    wendy

• circare
    circare

Hi Thirdson,

It is nice to see all these new faces at Simon's place.

Just out of curiosity Thirdson was that Australian DC in '71, (where Uncle Bruce managed to slip in the rat poison), held in a big paddock, (read 'big field' for US posters), near Wollongong? The same one where we sloshed about in mud up to our knees and every rain hat, rain coat, umbrella and pair of gum boots, (read 'wellingtons' here for UK posters) were sold out in the 'Gong? I had great fun at that assembly, don't remember much about the program though.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome Thirdson,
    Don't know anything about the hoo hah. So I am open. Haven't meant to ignore you. Just busy welcoming so many new one's. Could you post your bio on Hello Hello thread. On the sex forum. Prissy Prisca's idea. (her words kind of)
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit