Message to everyone on this site

by FFtruther144 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FFtruther144
    FFtruther144

To active JW’s who visit this site, read the posts, and think about the subjects being discussed: I give my deepest respect and honor. I know how very difficult it is, especially if you are born and raised. The WTS makes it a top priority, with no expense seemingly spared, to make it impossible for you to find out that there IS someone behind the curtain. Eph 5:11 “And stop sharing in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkness; rather, EXPOSE them for what they are.”

To those former & non-JW’s on this site spreading real truth: thank you for helping our brothers and sisters that are just starting to peek behind the curtain. I have seen so many valuable discussions and information being posted here. You are doing good works that will bear good fruitage.

To those Watchtower Trolls posting company propaganda and twisted history, backed by a multi-billion dollar propaganda infrastructure: Start by reading George Orwell’s 1984. YOU are working at the Ministry of Truth, re-writing history as necessary to aid & abet the many, many, many cover-ups and “New-Light” faux pas that keep the machinery turning. YOU have (perhaps unwittingly) become a cog in the wheel of false prophecy, and the ongoing progress of Satan’s New World Order. James 4:17 “Therefore, if someone knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him.” 2 Cor 5:10 “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of the Christ, so that each one may be repaid according to the things he has practiced while in the body, whether good or bad.”

When one looks back over 100+ years of edited history, suppressed history, new light, doctrinal flip-flops, inaccurate statements, false prophesies, destruction of older publications, disfellowshipping, child sex abuse cover-ups, hypocrisy as shown by UN membership and the Bulgaria settlement, double standards vis a vis Malawi/Mexico, and the abomination that was the 2013 convention, one MUST question ANYTHING published by the WTS, especially if placed here by a troll to “disprove” something they are actively trying to contain. I come here to join with the truth seekers and the truth tellers to fulfill my obligation to Ephesians 5:11 as a conscience matter.

To active JW’s who visit this site, read the posts, and think about the subjects being discussed: I give my deepest respect and honor. I know how very difficult it is, especially if you are born and raised. The WTS makes it a top priority, with no expense seemingly spared, to make it impossible for you to find out that there IS someone behind the curtain. Eph 5:11 “And stop sharing in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkness; rather, EXPOSE them for what they are.”

To those former & non-JW’s on this site spreading real truth: thank you for helping our brothers and sisters that are just starting to peek behind the curtain. I have seen so many valuable discussions and information being posted here. You are doing good works that will bear good fruitage.

To those Watchtower Trolls posting company propaganda and twisted history, backed by a multi-billion dollar propaganda infrastructure: Start by reading George Orwell’s 1984. YOU are working at the Ministry of Truth, re-writing history as necessary to aid & abet the many, many, many cover-ups and “New-Light” faux paws that keep the machinery turning. YOU have (perhaps unwittingly) become a cog in the wheel of false prophecy, and the ongoing progress of Satan’s New World Order. James 4:17 “Therefore, if someone knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him.” 2 Cor 5:10 “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of the Christ, so that each one may be repaid according to the things he has practiced while in the body, whether good or bad.”

When one looks back over 100+ years of edited history, suppressed history, new light, doctrinal flip-flops, inaccurate statements, false prophesies, destruction of older publications, disfellowshipping, child sex abuse cover-ups, hypocrisy as shown by UN membership and the Bulgaria settlement, double standards vis a vis Malawi/Mexico, and the abomination that was the 2013 convention, one MUST question ANYTHING published by the WTS, especially if placed here by a troll to “disprove” something they are actively trying to contain. I come here to join with the truth seekers and the truth tellers to fulfill my obligation to Ephesians 5:11.

• KateWild
    KateWild

FF,

Thank you very much for your message and your appreciation. I am an xJW, and I have given my experiences in the hope that I can help one just having doubts. Have you watched my youtube? If not and you have 35 mins to spare send me a PM (Private message) and I will send you a link and bump the thread for you.

I am glad I am helping, it make me feel good I can help.

Kate xx

• Londo111
  • Old Goat
    Old Goat

I like the Proclaimers book, but it is edited history, short on detail, and all the good stuff is not there, of course.

Read James Penton and Schulz and de Vienne's books. Better detail. More honest history.

One of my secondary objections to Watch Tower practice is that they treat their history selectively. The Watch Tower doesn't write history. They write myth because they believe God guides them into truth.

In the introduction to A Separate Identity, Schulz writes:

Russell’s admirers put him in a historically untenable position. Even when presenting reasonably accurate narrative, they tend to create or perpetuate a myth. For many of them, Russell was God’s special instrument to restore vital truths. This apotheosis disconnects Russell from the realm of critical history. It presents a false picture of Russell, his associates and opponents. Even if one believes Russell was favored by God, no person of faith should pursue myth-building at the expense of carefully researched, accurate history. If God’s hand directed the WatchTower movement in Russell’s day, would that not best be shown by a reasonably well-researched presentation of events that reconnects Russell to his environment? If Russell had a place in God’s work, mythologizing him hides it.

Then, later he writes:

WatchTower history as it has been written resembles Greek mythology. As with Greek mythology the stories are often told in conflicting ways. If you have ever read the myths of Pan’s parentage, you understand what I mean. In the Russell mythology there is Russell the saint and there is Russell the devilish, religious fraudster. We have limited ourselves to Russell the man. We deal with unfounded claims in each chapter. In the process, we probably offend everyone with a personal commitment to the myths. We have enjoyed bursting bubbles. Watch the footnotes carefully. We detail false claims in footnotes where we do not always do so in text. We’ve been even handed in this. You will find us faulting claims made by true believers and by opposition polemicists.

Mythology replaces history when lack of curiosity is coupled with lack of thorough research. This is especially pronounced among Russell’s modern-day friends. A number of letters passed between us and institutions representing descendant religions. In a nearly uniform way, they focus on Russell, express lack of interest in anyone else, and simply do not look for detail. This distorts the history. Russell did not function in a vacuum. He was influenced by his friends, by his enemies, by what he read and experienced. These details are recoverable. The biographies of his early associates are available to a determined researcher. The “brothers” Lawver, Hipsher, Tavender, Myers, and a host of others who receive more or less mention in Zion’s Watch Tower were living people who had a physical and spiritual presence in Russell’s life and an effect on his beliefs. There are many others, some of considerable but forgotten prominence, who significantly contributed to Watch Tower history and to the development of a unified body of believers. But where is Aaron P. Riley or the small group in West Virginia who withdrew from the Church of Christ to form a congregation? Not in any history of the Watch Tower of which we are aware. Why is Calista Burk Downing a name without biography in histories of Zion’s Watch Tower?

Probably there are several reasons why the WatchTower story hasn’t been told with any sort of depth. Lack of curiosity is a prime one. Exchanges with interested parties elicited comments such as, “Thank you for the photocopies. We’re only interested in Russell himself.” This approach is part of the Saint Russell myth. Time and circumstances have wounded this approach so that some who sustained it in the past are no longer able to do so. A recent change in Watch Tower Society theology diminishes Russell’s’ status as interpreted through a doctrinal lens. A new religious paradigm does not alter the historical significance of C. T. Russell and his many associates.

If the watch Tower had taken this approach, letting all the warts and scars show, I'd have fewer issues with them. They openly say that they've altererd the publications on the watchtower.org site. Older examples are fairly well known to readers of this board. This is unethical.

• Magnum
    Magnum

You sound like a kindred spirit. We might find that we disagree on some things, but at least we both have the strength of character to go up to the curtain and see what's behind it and honestly admit what we see.

• talesin
    talesin

Good stuff. I guess my question re the anointed is now moot, and that is a good thing! We passed the test.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Old Goat, I liked the Schulz excerpt, and will get ahold of that book. Thanks for the recommend. I also advise Penton's books. Very readable as well.

tal

• twice shy
    twice shy

FF- Welcome and thanks for the positive support and your role in the continued affirmation that we that left made the right decision.

The Cognitive dissonance is very real and a process to work past and get through. The continued encouragement from this board and posters like yourself to help anyone who has ever associated with and/or been indoctrinated by WTBT$ is much needed.

Your contribution in the fight to walk away and stay away is appreciated.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome. An avid reader, I see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit