CoC

by XBEHERE 6 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I decided to give Crisis of Conscience another read (its been about 11 yrs). This interesting quote stood out

The Scriptural arrangement

of bodies of elders had been summarily ended in 1932 by Judge

Rutherford due to a lack of cooperation on the part of some elders

with the Society’s programs and policies. page 26

Hmm.. and the chapter continues that it was changed back in the early 70's due to research for the Aid to Bible Understanding book. I wonder if this is what's motivating some of the recent changes Such as the CO now appointing and deleting elders and ms

Because of the lack of cooperation of some elders and perhaps CO's and DO's. Anyway read that before but never really stood out to me.

• paladin
    paladin

I just finished reading the 2004 edition of COC and I missed that point, but I just marked that statement. Now I have to ask my wife to read this book and hope she does not throw it out.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Good luck with telling the wife. In my situation, and in many ways my wife has no interest in the actual JW religion. She can't explain doctrines and frankly doesnt care. However if I am at all negative towards the "society" she clams up, "ok.. I dont want to hear that.."

She is more of what I'd call a Social Jehovah's Witness. If anything were to threaten that social status then its bad.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

amazon (uk) have no copies of Coc for sale..out of print..?.....

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I doubt it. The higher up you move, the more dependent you are on them for all your physical needs (not to mention social status). I would think almost all men in that position would do exactly as told to preserve their position.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

i just ordered CoC.amd Captive of a Concept. Should recieve both next week and will post my review as i read.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

..back in stock now...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit