Gay Youth in Southern California/San Diego Area or anywhere really!

by TeenageInsider 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

I am creating this post to let you all know that there are many of us out there.

I am 19 and gay. Ive always known, and Im not going to let anything or any doctrine change that.

If you are reading this and you need help, someone to talk to or someone to trust, message me. I will give you my contact info and be there when you need to talk, vent, or laugh.

Remember, there is NOTHING wrong with you. Dont let anyone tell you that you need to change. Dont let anyone tell you your wrong for like-ing someone of the same gender. It gets better. Trust me, I have the strictest of JW Parents and my uncle is the Circut Overseer.

Also, if you have questions or comments or want to leave your story to help support other LGBT youth that are still "in" leave it here!

LOVE IS LOVE

-Ti

Ps. if you want to hear my personal story and struggle, msg me. Im always here to help and give advice.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

What a kind post to support others. I’m gay myself I had a massive breakdown when I was 19 because of the clash of JWs and my sexuality. 39 now and things are fine. I’m glad you’re so young yet confident in whom you are. The fact you’re also supporting others gets nothing but a gold star from me.

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

Thank you Seraphim23, Im at the point where Ive come to terms with myself. Ive went to a non-jw therapist and she really helped me.

Im now making it my goal to help others, and be there when they need it.

This is OUR life, and we deserve nothing less then happiness.

• granada35
    granada35

Good job my brother! It gives me much pleasure to see that the younger generations will not be "kept in the closet" to please a congregation like i had to do (I am now coming to terms with my sexuality at 38 years old and feel disgustedthat I wasted so many good years of my life). Keep up the good work!!

I just sent you a pm.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This is an important thread. It's hard enough for any of us to leave this religion, but how much more difficult when we are dealing with additional identity issues.

I could use some help and advice from you all. I have two JWs that I believe are gay and have not yet "come out." One is still and active JW, the other has successfully faded.

What, if anything, can I or should I do in dialogue to let them know that I am here for them, I love them and support them unconditionally and they are safe being themselves with me?

(I think that both of them haven't even come to terms with accepting who THEY are, let alone preparing to share that with anyone else.)

All comments are welcome and appreciated.

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

Oubliette, Simply talk to them.

What I did was invited my 'suspect' gay friends out to lunch.

We talked, and I shifted the conversation towards the religion.

Slowly adding foul language, and subtly giving hints of a 'fuck it' attitude.

Once they see that you could care less about the 'truth' they will feel more comfortable with you.

This is what I do, and I have helped quite a few come to terms with who they are.

Once they are comfortable. Let them know that you are there for them and that they can trust you.

You need to do this by telling them a secret as well, for instance I told them I was gay. Which made it easy for them to trust me.

However for you, assuming your heterosexual, this may be a problem.

Perhaps if you know a 'non-jw' gay friend invite them to the dinner or lunch.

Remember to be sensitive, yet make it clear that you could care less about the religion.

You need to give them an outlet. Even if you have to lie to them and say your bisexual, or your curious about your own sexuality.

If you have a gay area in your town, perhaps take them there to eat. MAKE THEM FEEL COMFORTABLE.

Any more questions PM me.

Perhaps my way of helping my friends seems unorthodox, but it worked for me. And they are happy and waaaay more positive then before.

-Ti

ps. sorry for my bad grammar remember im a 19 year old prick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit