A Mansion for the Resurrected, in Kensington

by dynamiterose77 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

I was roving around the internet looking for articles about a completely different topic, when I came across this one.

I found it very interesting.

Here's a quote.

"In a 1920 book called "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" he'd predicted that biblical leaders like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be resurrected in 1925 and become "the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth."

While this didn't occur, Rutherford still chose to be prepared for the return of the patriarchs. He moved into the newly built house in Kensington around 1930, calling it Beth Sarim (House of the Princes). He promptly received gently mocking news coverage after deeding it to King David, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Samuel and others.

Rutherford "pictured the arrival of the biblical delegation, perhaps in frock coats, high hats, canes and spats," The San Diego Sun reported, although the distinguished men of the Bible wouldn't be able to just waltz in like they owned the place. A delegation would have to approve the credentials of the ancient leaders before they'd be able to move in."

All in all it's an interesting read. Also there are a lot more articles about JWs in the group information archives.

• twice shy
    twice shy

WTH.................

At first I thought there was two Beth Sarims, but it says the neighborhood is Kingston. It is still located in San Diego,CA

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

Ah... whoever wrote the headline.... yeah... LOL

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

It might be interesting to look up Beth Shan too.

zed

• designs
    designs

I wondered what Rutherford thought as to how David and company would figure out they needed to travel from Israel to San Diego for the big coronation...

• rip van winkle
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

The neighborhood is called Kensington. It's part of San Diego. I used to live a few blocks from Beth Sarim. It's a nice neighborhood, wouldn't mind visiting there again. Loads of used book stores, antique stores, good Mexican restaurants, good Korean restaurant, good Italian restaurant when I lived there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit