Visitors

by twice shy 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• twice shy
    twice shy

Before I stopped attending I noticed that several members left our hall. I also noticed that when family members gave talks there was an infux of visitors too support their relative.

Still I noticed, that our meeting attendance would go way down then all of a sudden our hall would be full of people we'd never seen before.

Is this the new thing...the elders sending their families and MS servants to other halls to make it appear there is a lot of new members when the CO comes to visit or when certain talks are given?

Has anyone else noticed this too?

• twice shy
    twice shy

Perhaps I should of named this thread

Recycling Members

If you pay a litle attention you may notice how or if it's being done before your exit or fade.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Did any of the visitors look like this?

It's the latest for increasing the attendance and diversity in you local congregation!

• twice shy
    twice shy

Not yet,but soooo close

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes, I have noticed this kind of thing aswell.

In my area there are certain elders and families that go everywhere with an entourage (fan club).

They all "go with" when he gives talks etc. They take up a couple of rows, clap loudly for his talk then monoplolize the answers in th WT.

There are a few CO groupies aswell, they follow him around on all his visits, gatecrashing other cong CO visits. (usually older single sisters ).

Billy- I always suspected the attendance figures were "inflated". So that's what happened to "otto" from the Flying High Movie, he became a witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit