WT asking for $$ in 1918

by startingover 8 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

I remember a couple of times in the past when publishers were given slips to fill out asking for an amount that could be contributed on a regular basis. I had no idea it went back this far. Wonder if this started when Rutherford got control. It's interesting how the legal aspects of this request are handled. When this was filled out the person was making $1.87/week.

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq229/xrikester/1918WT.jpg

• suavojr
    suavojr

same scam just different century

• Finkelstein
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One of the ways the WTS. has preached its own theology toward the public is by putting advertisements in

local news papers and have one of its trained and devoted sales Representatives make a public talk,

this has been going on as far back as the late 1800's by C T Russell.

Of course along with this special speaker were brought along the WTS's publications in boxes.

It looks like back then they wanted a specific tithe from members of the IBSA, most likely for traveling expenses.

Now that the WTS. has millions stored up, why are they going to ask for more specific money by the body of JWS ?

Sounds like greed and corruption setting in.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Lol - "Crooksville". Yes indeed.

W~

• startingover
    startingover

Growing up as a JW and always hearing how different we were from the other churches that passed the plate, it's a bit surprising to me to find this.

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

This is much worse than passing the plate.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit