Oh, great! Here we go.

by stillin 6 Replies latest social family

• stillin
    stillin

Our son finally has relented and allowed his young daughter to spend a day now and then with my wife. He has confided in me about it being "bad association" for his daughter because of the witnessing he knows my wife will do. Sure enough, out come the Caleb and Sophia videos and the poor grandchild saying to her grandmother, "I want to make Jehovah happy, too."

The parents of our other set of grandchildren made it clear, no Bible Story Book, no indoctrinating their children. And my wife pretty much honored that. My son is not very likely to be so diplomatic. And he has a right to put his foot down. Those videos are toxic!

• Watkins
    Watkins

That's too bad - yes, those vids are toxic and cultic. I hope your granddughter gets to spend time with you, too. Maybe you can buffer your wife's input?

~Watkins

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Make the internet "go down" when they come over.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Oh and the DVD too!

• stillin
    stillin

She's just 4 years old. I'm OK with accountability and God and all of that. It's just such a huge step to what JW's have to "offer."

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

My mom tries to witness to my son whenever he goes over there and he has learned to just ignore it. He's 10. He has formed his own opionions about their beliefs, so I feel good about that that he won't fall prey when he's older!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"You're bad association, and I'm a useful habit!"

Anybody remember that one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit