Dating as a ex jw

by d 4 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

For those who have been out of the religion for a long time.How do you today view dating or relationships with others? Do you subconsciously hold some of the old views with you?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I have antennae up to catch any male who might subjugate me. It was hard for me as a teenager b/c I had no one to tell me the social skills. I pretended to be a worldly friend until I felt more comfortable. My parents had a terrible marriage. There was much domestiic violence. My grandparents had a bad marriage. My gm said she wanted to live after Armageddon to see my gf again. I thought it was so romantic but her children had a fit when I repeated the romantic story.

Anyone who wants me isn't going to want a farm wife. I read some excerpts someone posted from the WT about women's role. Let me loose at the GB.

• d
    d

Myself I still get nervous around women and at sometimes just down right scared.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Most of us don't bite. Do things that are fun and interesting to you and just enjoy them.If you meet fun people that you enjoy being around while you do things you like, you will make friends (who may know other people you wouldlike) just meet people with no expectations and enjoy LIFE.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

It sucked at first. Hadto learn everything from scratch. Now I'm having the time of my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit