Have any of you had to endure a Friedman Sales seminar ?

by troubled mind 1 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

One of my part time jobs is at a retail gift store . I have worked there for over 20 yrs . The owner has had this seminar a few times over the past few yrs ,and I am scheduled to once again attend this weekend . It is making my stomach turn ....the thought of wasting my weekend day off listening to a slick salesmen pitch new ways to coerice a buyer into spending more . It may cost me my job ,but I just don't think I can go through with another one of these sales seminars !!!

I know who I am ,and who I am not . That being said I am good at my job ,and customers appreciate the help I extend to them .However i am sure the owner thinks I could squeeze a few more sales out of these people if I tried .

One of the reasons I think I hate this sooo much is that it reminds me of attending KH meetings . The technique is similar in sales as it was going door to door . #1 ) Finding common ground with the customer #2) Making what you have to sell appear as if they can not live without it .....blah blah blah it is a sham .....

I am a very geniune ,kind, person . I hate to be fake ! I know I am there to help you find what gift you want or need ,and not there to be your best friend in the world ....behaving like I am seems to me to be over stepping boundries . I also am practical and frugal ,I detest the idea of 'add-on sales' that the person really does not want or need .

Thanks for allowing me to vent . If you have similar feelings let me hear it .

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Sudden illness? Ask the boss for a different seminar as you've heard this one before? Offer to teach the seminar yourself, make up a good sample outline and think of all the things you'd really like to tell trainee salespeople?

I feel for you -- I can barely stand anything resembling a meeting at the KH. Even after all these years I still can't stand anything like a meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit