English lessons for Hilda Mystikool

by r51785 4 Replies latest jw friends

• r51785
    r51785

One of the keys to speaking and writing English correctly is mastery of the verb "to be." Below you will find the correct conjugations:

I am (first person singular)
    You are (second person singular)
    He is (third person singular)
    She is (third person singular)
    It is (third person singular)
    We are (fist person plural)
    You are (second person plural -- sometimes distinguished from the second person singular in the southern part of the United States by the usage "you-all are."
    They are (third person plural)

I hope this helps your masquerade.

• r51785
    r51785

Another thing which may assist you in communicating in English is the use of the definite or indefinite article. The definite article is the word "the" and the indefinite article is either "an" or "a." Use "an" when preceding a word beginning with a vowel. Use "a" when preceding a word beginning with a consonant.

Let's consider an example:

Here is article from net---
    This sentence may be rendered:
    Here is an article from the net--- (note that the word article begins with a vowel requiring the use of the indefinite article "an."

This sentence may also be rendered:
    Here is the article from the net---

Your choice of the definite or indefinite article will depend upon the meaning you wish to convey.

I hope this helps your masquerade.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Do they know about 'Hooked On Phonics?'

Guest 77

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

OF course they do Guest!!!!

But their version is "Hooked on Psycho's"

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

LOL, you guys are so funny! please, don't tell me I need English lessons as well!

Have it ever occured to you, (here I go: I don't recall how to spell occured!darn it!) that Hilda "Miestiercol", could be Ernesto, yoyoMama? could it be possible?

PS: Miestiercol, means "my shit" in Spanish. I made it up last week. It writes separate like this: "mi estiercol", two words. BUT "ESTIERCOL IS HORSE SHIT"!!!! So it will read: "Hilda mi estiercol". Pretty name.

So, what do you think? can you send me a copy of "Hooked on Phonics"? :-(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit