Just drinking a coffee and thinking of Gerrit Lösch's truth and new JW.org

by TheWonderofYou 2 Replies latest jw friends

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

1982 "Kingdom truth" Br Gerrit Lösch held the special main talk about truth.
    I was fascinated by his emotional kind of speeking and I even recorded the public talk on my cassette tape recorder.
    I liked the emotional attitude, I listented to the talk over and over again. I liked the mass enthusiasm about bible passages and
    applying the texts to this organisation. I liked singing together songs loudly, I liked the pictures in the publications,
    I liked to get always more and more new publications. I even dreamt of what would be the next Awake or watchtower titel page.
    How could it come so far?

Born 1965 in a catolic country community I was a child of a single mother. My mother and me lived in the house of my grandma.
    I didn have male education and never saw my father. Once in a month we attend the catolic mass which was held in a very little
    chapel. My grandma prayed daily the rosary and I reenacted the priest doing catolic liturgy. I was then about 10 years old.
    I attended the usual religious education.

Some day in the year 1974 or 1975 on of my uncles who always brought me christmas presents, converted to the witnesses.
    He is until today always unmarried and has always been in pioneer service, part timejob, 70 years old now and never contacts me
    because I am not a witness anymore (I visited him 2 times after my going away). He discussed with my grandma that day, I saw
    a book in his service bag, a green bible with thin paper which I liked and a little book whith a bible passage of Isaiah in the truth
    book and the name Isaiah fascinated me too. So this mystical truth began to be attractive to me.

The uncles truth book stayed with us and began to read. Later when my uncle visited me we talke about the wonders of the creation
    and when i visited him (he lived in the same house where the Kingdom hall was) I attended an assemly and i read more and more.
    I like reading at all. What did I read? I like the Yellow "Gods 1000y kingdom - soon ...." then I like the Pink "Listening to the great
    teacher" and the green? "Make sure of all things".. I absorpted all the teachings, all the interpretations, all citations about the
    catolic and prostestant errors about catolic mass, apostolic successsiong, trinity, apostasy of the church in the 2nd century,
    about soul, hell and treated them all as "truth".

I wrote little magazines on my typewriter, painted coloured pictures with biblical dramas and handed them out to my catolic school mates when
    I was 12. They respected me nonetheless. I was a thinker, a lonewolf, had never had a close friend.
    I attended later the commercial school and I never did anything together with my school mates in my leisure. Rather I read the books and
    magazines of the societey. I even made for myself a little booklet entiteled index for the psalms written on the typewriter.

I think it was 1980 when I phoned to the local KH and asked for a bible study, because this was the usual way how to come into the truth, I knew that
    study and regular attendence of the assemlies was necessary, altough I already was totally convinced and was even doing witness to my mates.
    Once they asked me to go together in a disco but I declared that we do not go there and after a conversation with an elder I even gave up my plans to attend a dancing class. So 1982 on the kingdom truth convention I was 17 and I did not drink coffee yet, because I didnt like it,
    but now I like it very much.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It would be great to see your old artwork, the hand made brochures

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

My artswork was only a limited gift for my closest mates , am not in contact since primary school. Today i will watch cannonization of the 2 popes by our 2 present po popes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit