What is Truth ? Postmodernism and Greek mythology's infuence on the concept of truth

by raymond frantz 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Need help with this article

www.jwdoctrine.com

• bohm
    bohm

eh no.

The problem is you have not considered what question you are asking. If the question is actually "what is truth" it does not matter at all that our knowledge may change; it is as unrelated to the question as asking "what is red" and continuing with a discussion that people who live in red houses may at a later time paint them blue.

Postmodernism has some idea about the concept of truth, most of it not a good examples clear thinking. Is postmodernism correct? I am not persuaded this is even a meaningful question. Most postmodernistic writing I have encountered appear to be better described as a particulary booring and tedious litterary form.

There are other theories of truth that actually provide constructive discussion, the most notably is in my oppinion Tarski theory of semantic truth. You should also consult the writing of Goedel and Russell.

In comparison, it make the bibles view on truth seem as vapid and superficial as a new-age crystal pedlers concept of energy compared to that in a modern physics textbook.

• Viviane
    Viviane

eh no.

I disagree, Bohm. He needs a LOT of help with that article.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Truth is not an absolute. What is perceived as truth? Truth with a capitol "T" is grandiose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit