RBC New CAD Program

by bruh2012 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Does anyone know anything about the new drawing CAD program that's coming out from the WTBS?

• Splash
    Splash

I understand it's called WT CAD and is based on intellicad API's.

With the correct permissions you can obtain it from jworg.

Splash

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

A "JW" CAD program based on "IntelliCAD"? You gotta be kidding me!! As someone who's been a drafter and designer in the architectural/engineering field for 18 years, I can tell you that "IntelliCAD" is nothing more than a cheap, dumbed-down version of AutoCAD LT. AutoCAD is still the industry standard, no matter if you are using plain AutoCAD or it's more advanced REVIT software, it's still the industry standard. Why in the world can't the JW's at least just buy the cheap AutoCAD LT (Lite) and be done with it? No need to reinvent the wheel when the rest of the world sails past you.

UGH.....the futility of such a pursuit. (EPIC FACE PALM)

- Wing Commander

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Yeah....with Building Information enabled technologies one would not be at the leading edge with CAD. It would be like going back to the 80's and saying you have come up with hand drafting standards. The truth is that they don't want to train anyone with BIM (Revit/Bentley/ArchiCAD) as they might actually get a full time job in the real AEC world.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just spent time with some people from Walkhill. They were pimping AutoCAD classes for kids..BIG TIME!! What does that tell you? The WTBTS knows they are full of s***, and they want the next generation of un-paid architects for their Real Estate business. Sounds like low level Scientology work to me.

DD

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Pimping AutoCAD classes for the kids? Maybe I should apply to Bethel with all of my "Qualifications"? I could probably be an drafting department "Overseer" or some bullshit.

Actually, I got into drafting and design back in the mid-90's because ((surprise-surprise!!!) I was talked out of thinking about college even though I had 4.0 GPA and teachers begging me to take AP classes because "The End is Near! Any day now, Sooooooon!" So, like a damned fool I went to a local vocational high school instead of college in hopes of learning a trade to keep myself employed "just in case" the Big A didn't come before I graduated in June 1997.

I got a drafting job while still in high school making $12.00 / hr while my friends bagged groceries or flipped burgers. I had a new car at 18 with money to spare. Now at age 34 I make $46,000.00 year. However, this is HALF what an engineer with college degree and PE stamp makes, or an Architect. It really pisses me off that I didn't go to college and reach my full potential.

Now, these old buzzards are pushing the "youth" to take of drafting so they can come up to Bethel, and fill in for the old timer workers that they kicked to the curb when they reached retirement age? What vultures! Screw you WatchTower! I graduated High School 17 years ago. I remember my parents fretting while taking me to elementary school in 1985. My son is in 4th grade. So much for the end being "soon", "in this generation". And to think, I am actually one of the lucky ones who did at least think ahead a bit instead of just washing windows or mooching off of my parents until I was a fat, nerdy, 30-yr old virgin living at home.

- Wing Commander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit