Are you slowly turning into your Father.

by jam 9 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

New research from the UK, men start at age 39.

A few signs to look for....

1) Fall asleep in the front room.

2)They have "A chair"

3)Makes awful jokes that only they find funny.

4)Don't know any artists in the top 40

5)Spending longer on the toilet

6)Keeping an eye on the thermostat

When you hit 70 you officially become a grumpy old man..

I will never tell another joke and I have three more years before

I turn into a grumpy old man. Being a ex-JW makes you grumpy...

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i never fall asleep before 12

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Lol, my signs aren't the same as yours but I can see a few comparisons that are a bit too close for comfort.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I hope not. When I examine why I do things, I see my mother. All the things I swore I would never do, I do. There is a battle in my mind over housecleaning. She found great comfort in housecleaning. After working full-time, she would clean and press in the remaining hours. From the moment she made me iron a man's shirt so I would be ready, I have decided that friends, books, music, TV, almost anything was better than cleaning. Yet I want a clean and orderly house.

I used to tell men in school that I was not a farm wife.

• Woody22
    Woody22

I do not see this too much in me, but my wife has definitely turned into her mother

even her children see it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thank God, no.

• kaik
    kaik

Not here with me. My biological father died rather young, so I am approaching his age before he passed away and I do not have much similar behavior, values, and opinions.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I have no idea whether Just Ron is like his father, but I do know that he started falling asleep in his special chair in the evening long before he turned 30. I know he hasn't recognized any top 40 artists since before the turn of the century, and I shudder when I consider how much time he spends in the bathroom. In all fairness, except for the bathroom bit, I'm pretty much the same.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Check, check and check! That's fine though, I rather liked him.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My dad is "worldly" so....yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit