Brooklyn Factory Signs

by Band on the Run 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Does anyone know a good location for taking photos of the WT factory building with the clock? I could see it well from 140 Broadway, where the red cube sculpture is. I was on a high floor, though. One of the peak experiences of my life. Does anyone know an accessible spot in Manhattan? My geography isn't too good. Will the Battery work? What if I crossed over the Brooklyn from the esplanade? I just have a standard camera.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I wonder if Google street view would work. The high res photos they're taking now are impressive. Several days ago I used Google Earth to have a glimpse of that city of Valparaiso (before the disastrous fires some days ago), Chile, and it was like looking at some of my sharp photos while walking along many of our own USA urban streets.

Len

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Take a walk on the Brooklyn Bridge. Great view of the Clock.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You can also go to Fulton Ferry Landing and get some great shots. Be sure to get a slice of the best pizza ever at Gramaldi's.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

What's the address of the factory you're talking about? 25 Columbia Heights?

Len

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't know the address. Is the Fulton Ferry stop the same as South St Sea Port and the old Fulton Fish Market? I've been away for ten horrid years.

The view from the firm's library was special. I was so excited to see the sign when I was a little girl. Everyone driving by would convert. It may be the one service they provided to the city.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Indeed.....

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Is the Fulton Ferry stop the same as South St Sea Port and the old Fulton Fish Market? I've been away for ten horrid years.

The South Street Sea port is in the Manhattan side. You can take a water taxi to the Fulton Ferry stop. I am sure you will get a few good pictures. There are great views of the Watchtower property from the Manhattan side at the South Street Sea port. They have developed the area and is a wonderful place to sit and watch the activity on the east river.

• factfinder
    factfinder

The sign is atop 30 Columbia Hts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit