Why get upset with the new WT donation system? It will still be a success...

by suavojr 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

When the WT went from charging for literature to voluntary donations, they took a hit but still survived.

I frankly see them having a high success once this new donation system is in place.

It will be a success and no dissenter or closet apostate will be able to stop it. Why? Because although we hate the WT and would love to see them disappear, we cannot forget the ones inside will GLADLY donate, donate, donate.

Just look at other churches! They have managed to keep milking money from people for centuries.

Now why can't the WT do the same?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

They can... and they will...

You are 100% correct. I am starting to get the idea that although we think that somehow the Watchtower is more susceptible to crashing and burning than other religious oprganizations they aren't. As a matter of fact they have far more mindless people than the average religion so there really is no reason to think that somehow something huge will happen that will shake everyone up and cause some form of mass exodus. This arrangement will be like the 469348920348293 other arrangements they have implemented and that caused a handful to leave but resulted in 3 handfuls coming in as newbs.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

That’s what I noted in a previous thread. When the announcement was made, everyone was just bubbling over with joy and excitement. People nearly started clapping. The WTBTS isn’t going down any time soon. Some that even get DF’d still go to meetings so they can genuinely return. Even within our congregation, we have had two reinstatements just this year. These people are thoroughly brainwashed beyond help.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I agree

-they are thoroughly brainwashed beyond help. Any time anything new is announced they all rejoice over it. Even if tithing were introduced they'd consider it a blessing from Jehovah.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

It's true, people in the organization are willing to do whatever is necessary to support it. They're like very obedient sheep who will do whatever they are told. They see this arrangement as coming from God so why not support it? I remember when they were running the trials in my area, the letter said they needed a whole tone of cash, in the millions to but property and make buildings. I thought, woah that's a lot of money, but they two sisters I front of me looked all happy saying they could do it and earn that money! Every religious organization needs money to survive, it's just that money is viewed as a negative thing so they have trouble directly asking for it. This is a method that will last for quite a while to make some quick cash. The people don't question it, they just follow

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

For me, it is just another element of the religion I no longer recognise, we were proud to say we asked for no money, were not expected to give money and had no obligations to hand over money. People always asked us as JW's because it is an obvious alterior motive.

Now things are going to change and it will be a hard sell to explain a monthly pledge from each household to a very wealthy organisation.

There is not one person on earth who can explain and defent why the god of the universe needs....your cash!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"There is not one person on earth who can explain and defend why the god of the universe needs....your cash!"

The late Great George Carlin always said it was because God " just couldn't handle his Current Account".

It is Tything by another name, the LDS/Mormons have got away with it for years, and as the WT seems to follow their lead in most matters, it is surprising they have not introduced something similar before.

The WT are a multi-Billion Dollar Corporation, but they are greedy for more.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The donation system will succeed, but the financial status of the members will not. Even if people are dirt poor, they will find ways to get those pledges up. And, if they add pledges to the Worldwide Damnation Fund in addition to the building funds, it will get worse. People already have problems making ends meet and still put wads of 20's into the boxes like they are nothing. I remember seeing elderly people that were poor doing just that.

And they will pay with their souls. They will gladly surrender their souls to that beady-eyed monster joke-hova. Hardly anyone that is faithful is going to follow my rule of never donating or pledging yourself into hardship, and never pledging anything that cannot be revised in the event your financial situation gets worse. People that follow that rule, which is not endorsed by the washtowel, would avoid many of the problems created by excessive donations (and, if joke-hova owns all the wealth, that thing could create a situation where there would be a super-abundance at the end of the month, ripe for donation, and then multiply it 10, or more, times so everyone that donates bountifully would become super wealthy while providing more than ample funds for the religion).

Instead, they drain their wealth. They have zero for preparation for genuine emergencies--such as blackouts, which are all too common from storms and localized power shortages. They lack anything for personal emergencies such as car problems or medical emergencies. They cut fun to next to zero, and live on just bare necessities while donating what they pledged. They lack income because of the washtowel, and yet the washtowel takes even more. They struggle with cheap crap, and often they have personal shortages. They do not have even an ounce of silver invested, let alone enough to see them through into retirement or in case the dollar crashes and burns. Instead of preparing, they dutifully send all their wealth to the Worldwide Damnation Fund.

I say, instead of trying to coerce them to stop donating, let them face the consequences. I do advise people to not donate, but if they choose to donate anyways, it is them that will take the penalty. It is them that will retire destitute. It is them who will be programmed for poverty in the next life, and always struggle with money (and have to do a billion Jupiter and sun squares to hope to offset this). I call this the right to stupidity. You have the right to be stupid, as long as you are willing to accept the consequences. And obeying a group of men that continually drain their wealth (and time) amounts to stupidity, especially when even their "holy" texts advise only donating within one's means and not to be pleasers of men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit