Do/did you sing in the Kingdom Hall meetings against you will?

by Mr Fool 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

I´m a little curious because I have hard to see that every single person has the interest to stand up and sing in the beginning and in the end of every meeting.....

What will happen if you are interested in the so called truth, not to stand up and sing a song against your will?! Then, is it okay to sit down like normal when everybody else copy each other (stand up an sing a certain text/song) as parrots?

• Laika
    Laika

I gave up singing a few months before giving up meetings. Noone mentioned it, but then I always stood up.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is upsetting for me. I have problems singing. The domestic violence at home was increasing at a frightening pace. Life and death struggles were taking place. I hated the Witnesses. Why should I sing? I was kicked in the KH in front of everyone. My father pinched my arm. I did not what the jerks to know our business. You have no idea what goes through my mind concerning JWs and their songbook. No one acknowledged what they saw. I was a hunk of hair and a bag of bones.

I liked singalongs on TV. Music at school was fun.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I don't sing now. I stand up though.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Remaining seated would send a strong message. Someone would need to be determined.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I used to lip sync, some days I just wasn't feeling it.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

During the last days of my time going to meetings I would either not sing, or purposely sing the wrong song - as loud as I could.

• krejames
    krejames

I used to love singing. i was one of those annoying people who sang louder than average (actually our cong had a reputation for great singing and nearly every visitor and CO would comment on it). i refused to sing some of the songs in the latest songbook where they had inexplicably kept the words the same but changed the melody to something hideous. And I ALWAYS refused to sing The Light Gets Brighter in the prev songbook because that was god-awful boring and went on forever.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Hmmm...okay. If someone visiting a meeting and in advance, before the meeting begins, tell people there that "I am interested in the Truth, but I have zero interest in standing up and sing, so I will remain sitting when others sing. I hope you respect my will".

Will they try to stop you to take part or how do they handle a situation like that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit