True prophecy about the WTS and a novel approach

by Lee Elder 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

As I sit back and watch the pedophilia scandal unfold, it occurs to me that someone connected to the Watchtower got it right - they prophesied what we are seeing. Who? My friend Jim Penton in "Apocalypse Delayed" wrote about the impact of "Brain Drain" on the organization. No organization can afford to continually lose its brightest members, yet that is exactly what the WTS has done for years.

What is the price of this constant "dumbing down"? It has to be the inability to effectively evaluate and respond to crisis. The pedophilia scandal is a very good example. Take a look at how poorly the WTS has handled the situation. It is a snowball hurling down the slope completely out of control at this point and practically every thing they do or say escalates the situation! To quote Dr. Phil: "they couldn't be any dumber if someone cut off their head." I think Alan F. likened them to "Gog of Magog" with hooks in their jaws being dragged exactly to a point where they don't want to go - almost enough to make some of us rethink the role that God might play in human affairs.

It is an amazing thing to behold - the ship is on fire and listing.

My prediction:

Probabilities favor the WTS losing thousands and thousands of members over this issue - 1975 could pale by comparison. Some very serious reforms could come out of this debacle. I find myself wondering whether this is the time to reach out to some of the JWs I know.

For those who like me are still in good standing, it would be very simple to say something like:

"I've never spoke to you about why I've put some distance between myself
    and the organization. If you would like to know, watch the Dateline
    program on the 28th. If will give you an opportunity to see some of the
    things that go on behind the scenes that I could not support."

I'm not recommending that anyone do this, but can you imagine the backlash if all of the former elders who've done "the fade" made a dozen phone calls? Maybe its time to make a collective statement. Just a thought - I suppose it could backfire too. What do you think - I'd like to know.

Lee

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I think you're right on. I've just made calls to all my family, and am waiting for my message light to start flashing.

Since I have exciting and important news to share, nobody is home OF COURSE!!!

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Absolutely, Lee! Everyone should call as many people as they can think of, JWs or not, and tell them about Dateline. Use discretion, of course, but as Rutherford said: Advertise! Advertise! Advertise the Society's failure to protect children!

AlanF

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Of course I agree with the sentiment. But I wouldn't get my hopes up. This is, after all, the time for the society (and it's members) to raise the defensive walls. "The world will always hate Christ's sons" kinda thing. Good luck though!!

• barry
    barry

Dear Lee,
    I beleive it would be the only thing to do, because if nothing is done nothing positive can come out of it. Only three weeks ago i had a theological difference with the lesson book used in the Adventist Church and I made my point in no uncertain terms at the class. I allmost took the meeting over but then had a twinge of concience and apologised to everyone at the end. I didnt know how they would think of my stand when I went the next week. Well the teacher next week approached me and said he would look forward to any more points I would bring up on the issues I raised and we could all discuss them in future lessons. You never know the good you may do and we all have a responcibility to do what we can in our own communities
    Barry.

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

Im gonna post a notice on the front doors of the local kingdom hall.

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

:As I sit back and watch the pedophilia scandel {sic} unfold it occurs to me that someone connected to the Watchtower got it right - they {sic} prophesied what we are seeing. Who? My friend Jim Penton in "Apocalypse Delayed" wrote about the impact of "Brain Drain" {sic}
    on the organization. No organization can afford to continually lose {sic} its brightest members, yet that is exactly what the WTS has done for years.:

With the looks of your spelling and grammar in this place, it looks like you are not including yourself amongst the "brightest members" that thw wt lost.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Excellent idea, Lee. I am making my list of a dozen or so and will forward the Dateline info promptly.

Brain drain? You bet!

Sam Beli

"...religion opposes the commandments of Almighty God." Violence by J. F. Rutherford 1938

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

I promise to proof read and spell check in the future .

Lee

• waiting
    waiting

LOL, better to pick apart the punctuation rather than the message. Of course, perhaps the message can't be picked apart because it's a good one.

For those who like me are still in good standing, it would be very simple to say something like:

"I've never spoke to you about why I've put some distance between myself and the organization. If you would like to know, watch the Dateline program on the 28th. If will give you an opportunity to see some of the things that go on behind the scenes that I could not support."

"Brain Drain" indeed! I've made some e-mails so far, phone calls would be the next step.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just like the Service Meetings on *suggested introductions.*

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit