Letter to the Editor

by Grunt 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Grunt
    Grunt

While over at Rado's site admiring all his work and achivements, I read an article in an Arizona newspaper telling about a quickbuild. It was the usual admiring article. All about the selfless workers, the well organized job, how most churches contracted this work out but they did it themselves, that sort of thing. I wrote a letter to the editor and told him to please research the group before advertizing for them. I told him I was an ex-member and pointed out several views the group held, that I didn't imagine his paper wanted to promote, shunning family members, demanding total agreement with all WatchTower beliefs, refusal to allow life saving medical treatment and finally hiding pedophiles. I doubt it gets published, though I filled out all the forms and gave all the information asked for, but maybe, just maybe they won't push this cult again without checking them out first. Do any of you write letters to the editor about the Society? Have any been published? I know I could lose my parents if this became known and I did give my real name and address but I just couldn't stand to see this family destroying cult pushed like the Boy Scouts and Apple Pie religion that it ISN'T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit