A little proverb of my old Dad ( bless his soul ) and how it fits the Witnesses

by jean-luc picard 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Having a rant to myself this morning and this phrase my old Dad used to say came to mind:

"self praise is no recommendation".

and I thought that self praise is exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses hear regularly.

We all remember hearing how loving, kind, Godlike etc we were, as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Yet all of that is self praise. Is that really what others are saying?

Being on the outside now, gives us the freedom to consult what other sources say, and we now

know that the JW movement is not considered as wonderful as all that.

Of course, there have been newspaper articles, at convention times, that say how well behaved the

Jehovah's Witnesses are. and just as well! Next weekend, there will be a million Catholics in

Rome to celebrate Easter and they too will be well behaved.

IF YOU ARE A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS READING THIS:

when I quit the witnesses, I allowed myself to read other religious literature, and was surprised:

EVERY religion says the same thing: how they are the chosen, how they have proof ( they site examples)

of how they KNOW that THEY have the Truth. There are litterally 1000's of sects who claim that they only

are the religion chosen by God and yes, many use the name Jehovah too. Rationalize that fact how you will.

The truth is Jehovahs Witnesses are not different.

• twice shy
    twice shy

You are dead on about the self praise. I asked my children when we left, "did they feel loved at the kingdom hall?" Two replied no, but one says but they tell us we are the organization that shows the most love. I said again, but do you feel the love or just keep hearing it stated? He shook his head as he hung it down and quietly walked away. Poor baby! It was like a little light went on for him.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

twice shy:

Nice reasonning. I'm glad that your children could see through it all. So much easier later

• sir82
    sir82

My favorite part is when the WT writers tell us how happy, joyful, zealous, etc. we are.

"We are the happiest people on earth!"....said of the organization that, on its own, could provide enough revenue for the makers of Zoloft, Paxil, etc. to remain profitable for decades.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

My dear old mam used to say "Don't SAY I love you, DO I love you"....actions really do speak louder than words. I felt mainly fear in the KH.

• Heaven
    Heaven

sir82 said: My favorite part is when the WT writers tell us how happy, joyful, zealous, etc. we are.

"We are the happiest people on earth!"....said of the organization that, on its own, could provide enough revenue for the makers of Zoloft, Paxil, etc. to remain profitable for decades.

JWs lie to themselves. They lie to others.

When I first moved into my house almost 8 years ago, a couple of JW women came to my door. I explained to them that my Mom had basically smoked herself into the grave. I asked them: "Why, if my Mom had such a wonderful hope in Jehovah, was she so miserable?"

They stood there in stunned silence with the "Deer-In-The-Headlights" look.

They have never returned.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Heaven, hopefully your words made a deep impression on their thinking....

(((hugs)))

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Sir 82: makes me think of this song.

I am H-A-P-P-Y, I am H-A-P-P-Y, I know I am, I'm sure I am....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit