Sexual Abuse Story made cover of Belgium newspaper

by morrisamb 3 Replies latest forum announcements

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

EXCLUSIVE "West-Flemisch Canadese Donald D'haene speaks openly about his sexual abuse by his father"

This is the front page headline in Belgium today. My book and story of abuse in a Jehovah's Witness family received a page and half coverage in Krant Van West Vlaanderen, a chain of newspapers that reaches 420,000. Five photos and the cover of my book, with sub-headlines such as :

Donald is a sexual abuse survivor
    41-year-old actor and tv-presentor writes
    shocking book over his childhood
    No doubt a best seller in Canada and around the world!

The text is in Flemish (Dutch). I will be posting the article on my web site (next week) www.fatherstouch.com

The world is taking notice!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((( Donald))) congratulations!!!

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• waiting
    waiting

Wow......an international celebrity is amongst us. And it's about time!

Congratulations - you deserve it. I've read some of your writings, and you're quite talanted.

waiting

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Dear Dungbettle and Waiting:

Thanks for the kind words. There are so many reasons I wrote the book (to validate my siblings' and mother's experiences, to educate and give hope, etc.) but one of the things that is so freeing is that I will never have to explain myself again. It seems like a dream...never having to answer: why didn't you tell? why did you tell? How could you do that? Don't you love Jehovah? and so on...
    And never having to listen to: You must not have had a good heart. You just want revenge. Why don't you talk more? Why don't you talk less? Your mother should have done this. If it was me, I would have done _________...and on and on..
    The truth does set you free!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit