Live in U.S. and speak a language other than English? Please help with school project!

by lisaBObeesa 2 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Ok, so I have an assignment due tomorrow and I’ve waited until the last second...because that is what I do. *sigh* (actually I forgot all about this project until about an hour ago when I suddenly noticed it on my assingment list...)

I need to interview a bilingal person in the United States who is a native speaker of a language other than English or a person who is the bilingual adult child of a native speaker of a language other than English.

If you have time to thoughtfully answer these nine questions by PM and then about nine or ten-ish more follow-up questions, you would sure help me out of a bind!

If you are willing please let me know here and I will PM you. Or Pm me. Or whatever. I don’t need your real name or anything. Just general info about speaking a language other than English in the United States.

Please someone help! Thanks thanks thanks thanks…!!! Support ex-JW education! :)

1) What language, besides English, do you speak?

2) Age/sex/location

3) When/how did you learn to speak English (expand a little bit..what is your 'language story?' )

4) What obstacles to learning English did you encounter?

5) Do your parents speak English? (please expand at least a little…not just yes or no…)

6) Do your grandparents speak English? (please expand at least a little…not just yes or no…)

7) How often and in what circumstances do you use your native language?

8) How important is it to you that your children be able to speak your native language? Or is it not important to you at all? Why or why not?

9) DO you feel that losing your ability to speak your native language would be to lose some part of your culture? If yes, how, in what way? If no, why?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

bump....

• Giordano
    Giordano

Bump....... Wish I could help Lisa ......your a great poster!

Gio.......... 2nd generation Italian.....my folks refused to teach me Italian it was like they were ashamed to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit