Interesting approach to FDS.

by Defianttruth 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

A few months ago, I had a customer call me and said my bid was different from my first quote by 40 percent. I was very confused because I never gave a quote outside of the formal bid. He told me the first "salesman" he talked to had given him the quote. I was very furstrated with this so I talked to my sales team and everyone denied giving a verbal quote. Upon further research, I found it was one of my techs who had quoted this stupid first quote. A little back ground on the tech. He is super smart, devoted to his job, and the second person at work everyday. I'm the first. For the last year or so, he had been my"superstar" tech. I had even talked to him personally about being the next person on the sales team. He wanted this badly. The sales guys at least double the techs pay and one sales guy triples the techs pay. When I called him to talk to me about this he came in looking like a child about to get a scolding. He reassured me his heart was in the right place and he was just trying to prove his worth. I had pretty much already made the determination that he would be terminated. I just wanted to give him a chance to tell his side. In the end, I had to let him go. Really upset me to do it, but he made his bed.

He got me to thinking. The GB claimed the anointed was the FDS for about 80 years. Now, the GB claim they are the FDS alone. More accurately they will be appointed the FDS. Meanwhile, they still use the title presumptuously. If we look at similar scenarios, we can see how this would work out in other circumstances.

The first, circumstance will be socially. Let's say Bob and Suzy have been dating for 5 years. They are madly in love with each other. Bob has bought a ring and has informally discussed marriage with Suzy. He starts going around town telling people he and Suzy are engaged. He has never formally asked for Suzy's hand in marriage or given her the ring. How do you think Suzy will feel when everyone starts to congratulate her on her engagement? Will she say it is okay because she and Bob were heading down that road anyway? After all, she would have said yes if he would asked her first. I am no expert on women, but I can say even with my limited knowledge on the strange alien creatures, sorry I meant wife and daughters, I live with currently. Bob would be in a heap of trouble.

The second circumstance is civil. George is a nephew of the King. He has been under the kings rule all of his life. The King has given George different assignments through out his service to the King. George is very efficient and fastidiuos. The King plans to make him a Lord one day or maybe even a Govenor of one of his territories. One day when speaking to his territorial ambassador the King is informed the territories Govenor has been treating the people of the territory horribly. The king's father had won a battle for the territory years ago and peace had ruled between the two lands for years and now the territory was talking war over the Kings's oppressive rule. The King asks the ambassador what has happened in the territory. The ambassador replies with offenses including the children of the territory being raped by the nephews men with no real punishments, needlessly casting family members out of the territories for made up laws of the Nephew and never allowing these ones to return home, and not allowing the people of the territory to receive medical help with many needless deaths. The King is outraged and says his son, The Prince, is the rightful ruler of that territory why have you been listening to my nephew? The ambassador replies the Nephew has said the Prince is a great guy, but because we are a territory and not a providence we are not subjects of the Prince, but we must obey every word of the Nephew the Governor. The King explains he never sent the Nephew to be Governor. He only sent him to make an accounting of the territories grain holds. The King looks at his highest General and commands him to fetch his nephew immediately. What do you think the King would say? Would he be okay with his nephew for treating the subjects so poorly they were now talking of war? Would the King be okay with the nephew usurping the Princes authority?

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

I wrote this on my phone waiting for an airplane please excuse the grammar and spelling.

• designs
    designs

This goes back to Luther's disagreement with the Church of Rome over Ministerium Predigtamt and Nostro Consensu.

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

Sorry designs I'm ignorant on this subject. What materials could I read to learn more?

• designs
    designs

Look up Luther's Augbergs Confession- he started the 'everyone's a priest' movement in distinction to the Church of Rome and the Eastern Orthodox.

The Society clearly sees themselves on the RCC side. Calvin was somewhere quite different with his 'Election only for the Elect' but you can also see this doctrine manifest in the Society's 144,000 doctrine.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

So you disfellowshipped him then.

You were a bit tough on him, he seems to be a pretty decent employee from how he's described.

Couldn't he have been given another chance as this seems to have been his only indiscretion?

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

Disfellowshipped? I fired him nothing personal. I would have the guy over and drink a beer with him. Unfortunately, he tied my hands. What could I have said to my customer? The only way I could save face was to fire him. BTW. Nothing motivates production like dragging a body across the floor every once in a while. I'm the nicest boss in the world. I have almost zero turn over. This is on him and he knows it. He is young and had to learn a lesson the hard way. Lord knows I have. I was once fired for bidding a contract against a company I was working for at the time. Lesson learned the next time I used my wife's maiden name to start an llc so I could bid in secret. life's like boxing the stupid get knocked out, the smart ones learn to put their gloves up and keep moving.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You avatar looks like you have one eye closed, didn't keep your gloves up a ?

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

Thank you designs.

Phizzy. Yes. The first time. The next time I put my gloves up and started to move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit