WhiteHouse.gov petitions

by bottleofwater 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Can we make a WhiteHouse.gov petition to audit the WTBTS?

Just a thought.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Do it if you like wasting your time. The WT has First Amendment rights that NO elected politician will cross. Anyway, if you found an elected official who would stomp on the const'n, the U.S. Supreme Court will stop you by a unanimous opinion. People will come to the aid of the WT. Live a good life to get revenge.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

and those petitions do precisely nothing. it's just there so the government can say 'hey we listen to the common folk'

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No president would bind her/himself to a petition process. We do not have direct democracy. A representative democracy, as in the United States, relies on the judgment of elected public officials. Obama's office came up with a public relations idea. Lobbyists don't do silly petitions. Most of the petitions, the last time I researched it, had to do with silly items. Obama can only act within a certain sphere. The largest White House petition had to do with some TV show.

Living your own life well is the best way to confound the WT. Auditing a religion is not going to happen in the United States. It is patently unAmerican. There may be internal processes within a religion to call for an audit. Somehow I doubt the Brooklyn 8 included such a process for Witnessses. It is very sad that so many Americans here want to overthrow our basic public ethics and law. You lose so much to punish a crappy religion. Witnesses are not worth it. It is a dinky, ignorant religion.

I let them have it by voting, being a student, being an officer of the court, listening to classical, rock, and folk music, visiting art museums, joking with friends, dressing fashion forward, making friends with people around the world. When I go door to door, it is for a political campaign. Reading books and magazines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit