Need an Life-How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation book

by donny 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• donny
    donny

A friend of mine, an evolutionist, is asking me to acquire an Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation book. The edition is not important and the newer condition the better. I will make the necessary "voluntary donation" including the postage/shipping costs. If anyone can help please let me know.

Donny

• Magnum
    Magnum

I have extras. I'm PMing you.

• donny
    donny

Thank you Mangum. That was fast!!!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

A shameful mis-educational book. When I think of all the bad things WT have told us/sold us..... this was the most deceptive piece of work they ever had me read and consume. This book alone is unforgivable, the deceit is staggering.....

• Magnum
    Magnum

snare&racket - I agree. I used to think books such as this were somehow provided from heaven - that a group of highly qualified men very seriously & honestly researched the material in a scholarly way under the direction of holy spirit. Later, I learned that the Creation book was basically written by Harry Peloyan, one old man at Bethel... not even a partaker (see http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/176069/1/Andersonsinfo-question-Who-wrote-them#.UzwE2qPD-ig). I also learned that it is dishonest and employs the practice of quote mining.

It seems that the same individual was responsible for the Trintiy brochure, also dishonest with lots of quote mining.

Interestingly, neither book is available anymore from Watchtower. The Trinity brochure has been removed from jw.org. They know those pubs are deceptive & dishonest; they got caught.

Why, if they have the truth, and the truth is so clear, plain, and simple, would they have to resort to underhanded tactics to make their points??? Why, if it's so obvious that the Trinity teaching is false, would they have to misquote, quote mine, etc. to show it's false? Why, if it's so readily apparent that there is a Creator and evolution is false, couldn't they have indicated that in the book without being deceptive, being dishonest, and employing quote mining?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes it amazes me too!

it kinda is sorta ok that older books may have been 'lost' and not uploaded to the website as teachings changed etc (eg the revelation climax book, truth book etc), but surely a book on one of the oldest topics, that of creation can't be that out of date...if it was true info to begin with???

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, it is a silly book- the last few chapters go completely off-topic, and just become a shameless hard sell for the Watchtower Society. The book is just another tool for the slow indoctrination of uneducated people. .

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

I am one of the uneducated people that had to "consume" this publication, but

I always thought there was something not right with it. I wondered about the qualifications

of the writers and why they would try to print a creaton/science book.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

To be fair I was 8years old at the time, I saw the picture of a human, a chicken and a reptile and agreed it was ridiculous to think that one gave birth to the other. It seemed ridiculous. But even then I did think.... how coud the smartest people on earth believe this? I should have pursued this thought....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit