Donation agreement ?

by somebody 5 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

Hi all,

I know that the WBTS sided with Jimmy Swaggart in a court case and Jimmy Swaggart lost. I also know that that is why ,and when, the WBTS came up with the infamous "donation agreement", but never told it's loyal followers the truth about it.

Does anyone know the address of the site that has the court records on it?

Also...to lurkerNoMore,
    You corrected me when I said that the WBTS is a MULT-MILLION dollar company. You said that they are a MULTI-BILLION dollar company. Is there anywhere on the net that I can view their finacial records? Because if that's true, Why are they "suggesting" or "encouraging" members to give them outright gifts, via naming them as beneficiaries on life insurance, bank accounts, retiremets plans,real estate,wills and trusts, and donating stocks and bonds? That is what they were doing in the November 1, 2000 watchtower. How much money do they need? !

peace,
    somebody

Edited by - somebody on 19 February 2001 12:39:50

• JT
    JT

Someone-

a few months back right after the Annual Meeting i spoke to a former DO who IS IN THE KNOW - he is an old timer who had a hand in writing a number of publicatons that were released back in the 60,70s'

we spoke for almost an hour- he had been in contact with some of his old buddies still in bethel and here is what was shared with me>
    back during the 90's due to the society having some much in Stocks and investments they made a ton of money and so despite the drop in donations they are sitting on lots of CASH so the Accountants and the Legal Dept put forth suggestions on how to protect all that cash and it was decided to SLIT THE ORG up into pc so you have completely and legally separate org - each with thier own pres, vp and board of dir

so if one got sued if need be they could literally sacriface that one part and still retain 4 other major corps.

i saw a document on the net that the Society filed with the gov that showed income from the literature was 1.2 billion dollars and then there was a comparision filing that took place a yr or so after and the income was $600,000,000 a drop of over $500,000,000 milion dollars
    but despite that drop they rode the stock market during the 90's and it was good for them

so wt has plently of cash--

i will look and see if i made a PDF file of that filing that the society did- but i'm sure as always someone has the link as well

about 3 yrs ago i used to use in a talk i gave talk #3 of the public speakers outlines "Serving with jah unified org" a qoute i got out of a Printing Trade Mag that the WT is the second largest Printing Outfit in the USA behind the Gov Printing Office here in Wash DC

so they are IN THE MONEY

SMILE

jt

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Kent's got the documents on his site here's the link. go to JW's and law on the left hand list!!!

http://watchtower.observer.org

Venice

• somebody
    somebody

Thanks JT. After reading Randy's post today, I see that the WBTS hide their financial records too. So I guess none of the millions of members who actually donated money will ever see on paper where it went.

peace,
    somebody

• somebody
    somebody

Thank you Venice! I'm going to check it out.

:-)

peace,
    somebody

• thinker
    thinker

Somebody,
    BTW, Swaggert lost. Religious books that are SOLD are subject to sales tax.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit