Global Genocide of the Disobedient

by Oubliette 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

snare&racket used this phrase in his comments in another thread discussing The future of the organization. It really caught my attention.

The context of the quote is:

• Lastly Watchtower is again different in what it teaches, follow us or die. The punishment of death is serious and they use this to harvest control and fear, this again is to maintain their authority. Few religions teach global genocide of the disobedient. - [Emphasis added]

When I was a young person, I was attracted to the teaching of Jesus because they promoted love, unity, international brotherhood and peace.

But the truth is, the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses only uses those positive messages to attract and recruit. Once a person joins, the message changes. The religion maintains its hold by fear, threats, intimidation and guilt.

Besides the ever impending fear of death at Armageddon, there is the very real thread of being disfellowshipped and shunned by family members and so-called friends. - John 13:35

What is this religion really all about? Those of us that have awaken to The Truth About the Truth (TTATT) know all to well.

Anyone lurking and reading this thread should ask themselves the hard questions and be honest about the truthful answers.

Is the god of the WTBTS real? Is he worthy of your worship? Or is this just another high-control, authoritarian cult masquerading as a religion?

If they really have the truth, why do they need to maintain such rigid, unquestioning obedience through fear and threats?

Where has the god of love and forgiveness gotten away to?

• prologos
    prologos

current bible reading: Exodus. defining Jehovah: "--will prove to be what I will prove to be--" the possibilities are endless. and elusive.

Wt writers find the Jehovah concept mallable material. from the overreacting enforcer: kill almost all the animals to reign in wayward horny angels, to provider of love bombing at the local kh.

"gotten away to?" gotten away with!

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I find their Jehovah God to be similar to Hitler, but much worse.

• blondie
    blondie

There are religions that teach that the good will be taken to heaven, the bad people will be left behind and destroyed along with the earth.

A further significant difference in Seventh-day Adventist theology is the teaching that the events of Armageddon will leave the earth desolate for the duration of the millennium. [44]

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The person who sparked the myth of "Jesus" was killed by people who loved "Gods" like YHWH of the Old Testament. Once he was out of the picture, the powers that be could add whatever they wanted to the story. Then it was simply a matter of making copies of copies of copies. It's all a corrupted mish-mash with some truth scattered in. Truth= You reap what you sow, the golden rule, ect. The rest is so open to interpretaion that humans have literally spent countless lifetimes trying to decipher it.

Now religious leaders like the GB are just winging it. They don't know anything more than Catholics or SDA's or anyone else. They are just humans misled by other humans for the most part. I really don't believe that they are evil anymore. They just do bad things because they are deluded. I can't excuse that behavior or support it. Their own fears cause them to project a certain reality for themselves. YOU must agree because in their narrow minds they CANNOT be wrong. That is a possibility that they just cannot consider. Therefore, they are stuck with their version of "truth", destined to repeat the same mistakes over and over.

DD

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Oubliette,

Amen! I was born-in so I only heard about Jesus and love through the Roman Catholic kids in the neighborhood. Is it healthy for a two or three year old to hear about Armageddon? It was not for me. Younger people should see the orange Paradise Lost book. Oh, the vivid illustrations of doom. Puppies and kittens slaughtered. The cowhead idol being offered infants to consume in flames. i wonder how many neutral or positive pictures there are. I am always surprised that adults convert. Now I realize that converts are not taught what I was.

We always dressed nice for the assemblies and even nicer for the conventions. I was still preschool at an assembly in Newark. The speaker said Jehovah was present. I stayed in my seat but started looking for God in the vents, ceiling tiles. Next, I heard something about Moses and not seeing the face of God. Should a four year old believe they will be punished for looking for God from their seat?

Demons terrorized me and my younger sister. I recently found out that she would try to stay awake to scan for demons all night. She never said anything at the time. I said plenty. We could have each taken a shift. I must joke about demons b/c I cannot cope otherwise. We all hated the Witnesses. The only reason we stayed was terror. Not that a single person in my family ever believed they would survive the big A. You could never do enough or be good enough.

Honestly, though, I hear even worse stories from people raised as Catholic before the Vatican II reforms. I used to walk home past the Catholic school. We cried for them. Of course, boys told me that the nasty sisters were better than the too friendly priests or monks. Maybe there were so many more of them.

• perfect1
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

When I was a young person, I was attracted to the teaching of Jesus because they promoted love, unity, international brotherhood and peace.

Just using this statement, to see Jesus from another Biblical perspective.

(We should remember that we only see a reflection of Jesus in the NT. Does anyone really think that the disciples had perfect recall, so that they could remember word for word the speeches Jesus gave, after 10 to 20 years).

So how did the disciples and maybe later Christians see Jesus?

Well, yes, there are some enouragements to love one another, but there is also another concept.

Mat 11:20

Then Jesus began to denounce the towns in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent.

Mat 11:21

“Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Mat 11:22

But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you.

Mat 11:23

And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.fn For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.

The people in these towns did not believe, so they, in Jesus thought, will become the victims of Jesus genocide. The reason for their slaughter is not that they are bad people, but that they simply did not accept Jesus. There is no room in Jesusthought for a difference in opinion.

And, we see this attitude reflected in Christianity. Just a few examples:

* In early Christianity, they were soon ex-communicating each other for having different ideas about Jesus. Some were even slaughtered.

* The temples of worship used by non-Christians were destroyed.

* In 1182 Roman Catholic citizens of Constantinople were massacred by Orthodox Christians.

* In 1204 Roman Catholic Crusaders on their way to a war with the Muslim rulers of Palestine, besieged Constantinople and sacked the city slaughtering thousands of Orthodox Christians, even raping nuns in Orthodox Convents, and smashing the altars in Orthodox churches. This incidentally so weakened the Byzantine Empire that it gradually succumbed to the later Ottoman Empire and the control of parts of Christian Europe ( Greece and the Balkans) by Muslims.

* In medieval England, Catholics burnt Protestants at the stake, and Protestants burnt Catholics at the stake.

* In Europe, the 100 years war and the 30 years war were essentially intra-Christian religious wars and led to the deaths of millions.

* Ex-communication (Cutting off fellowship) was used frequently to punish believers.

I do not need to list more.

If Christ taught love* then his followers have not learned to love.

-------------------------------------

As a footnote to history, A greater teacher of 'love' than Jesus can be seen in the person of Mozi (Chinese : 墨家 ; pinyin : Mòjiā ; literally "School of Mo") was a Chinese philosophy developed by the followers of Mozi who lived circa 470- 391 BCE.

Mozi taught what is sometimes called 'Universal Love', but perhaps more accurately should be called ' impartial caring'; meaning that a person should care equally for all other individuals, regardless of their actual relationship to him or her.

This is what makes man a righteous in the teachings of Mozi.

Mozi's taught his ideas in a period when a number of philosophies competed. In the event, Confucianism won out to become teh guiding thought in China until now. Kongzi (Confucius) also taught that Love and Compassion were important, but instead of being impartial, a human should exercise love first to his family.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is identical to communism. The cat lick church tortured people. Jokehovians ruin their lives and threaten them with death from joke-hova. The communists that seized Russia in the 1920s (incidentally, long before Hitler) shipped people into Siberia--Hitler only invaded Russia because this bothered him. In North Korea, they are cut off from sustenance. In China, they were shipped into the jungles--the flip side of Siberia. Slave labor was the rule in all these cases--they were simply worked to exhaustion and given no chance to rise.

It all leads to genocide on a global basis. And the jokehovians are just one part of it. The whole xian church, along with Islam and secular communism, all promise the same thing. Different means, different names of their gods, same result. In North Korea, people with freedom are branded "evil", just as "worldly" people are viewed by jokehovians as wicked. Once communism reached East Germany--I add long after Hitler was gone--the East was not allowed to view West German media. The countries in Europe that fell into communism were not allowed to access media from free countries--and much of this happened between 1946 and the early 1960s when Cuba fell into communism.

This is similar to what the jokehovians are doing today. Limit access to outside media, especially user generated posts. Put out their own rubbish about how those outside the religion are so evil. Impose that everyone within the religion believe this rubbish and not outside material. This is exactly the same as what communists do, and I view the whole of Christi-SCAM-ity in general (and jokehovianism in particular) as communism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit