I walked into Starbucks yesterday

by crmsicl 8 Replies latest jw friends

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

yeah, without thinking, it was pouring rain and I had a mani/pedi appointment a few doors down. I was going to go through the drive through but I thought it would be faster if I went inside. Wrong choice. It was crowded, it was 11:30!! It is the Memorial month and the shufflers were getting out of the rain.

So I stood in the slow moving line and did not look around. Aargh, who is straight ahead at the pick up point? My sons old room mate. He sees me, waves, smiles, I smile back just knowing many other eyes are watching me. All of a sudden I hear a soft male voice say "Crmsicl"...Hi, how are you?"

Me: good, really good. Our faces seem inches away it took me a second to focus on him and realize that he was the COBE, a nice guy, not born in. He was instrumental in the fiasco that got us out of the club.

He has on his super nice guy demeaner and adds "you know the memorial is coming up on the 14th, we'd love to see you there, to have you come back".

I just looked at him deeply, I did not feel nervous as I might have been a couple years ago. I ananlyzed his cult motions the whole time. He had to have felt my energy. I did send him compassion in my thoughts, I knew where he was at. I actually never said any other words, in a way I was shunning him.

Oh well now we know we are checked off the list for a return visit they (and us) would rather avoid.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I like your style.

Hope you enjoyed your mani/pedi.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Interesting experience.

By your setup, I thought you were going to tell a joke or at least a humorous story.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Good job!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

He did not intimidate you. Wow, I don't see Witnesses when I go places. Of course, Witnesses aren't branded so how would I know. I need to find a manicure/pedicure place. Somehow I don't want to spend upscale money yet I ended up with an infection at a cheaper Asian place. Raising one's voice and making a halt sign with one's hand should be enough to communicate for someone to stop. Now I have a safety checklist.

You had to sit there and let your nails dry after your elder encounter. Perhaps elders should have to wear cowbells to alert apostates.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Perhaps elders should have to wear cowbells to alert apostates......BOTR

.............................................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Thanks for adding some humor to my thread Outlaw.

Oublette, Band: The mani/pedi turned out great. Almost all the manicure places around here are run by Vietmamese. I have been going to this place for about 8 years. The cost minus tip was 33.00. A couple dollars extra for the french pedicure. Regular manicure, no acrylics.

I felt very calm afterwards which I was pleased about. Enjoyed chatting with the personnel and watching the sad news on TV about the Mudslide in Oso.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks for adding some humor to my thread Outlaw.....crmsicl

I couldn`t have done it without Bands post,I`ll share the Credit with Her!..LOL!!..

That was "Friggin Funny" Band!..

I just got a PM from a Lurker..Asking me to Thank You for the Laugh!..LOL!!..

.................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Of course, Witnesses aren't branded so how would I know.

Who else shows up at the coffee shop in a large group, all (including children) wearing their suits and ties or "meeting dresses", on Saturday morning? If they're too young or too old to be the high school debate team, it's the witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit