Crazy things witnesses have said to householders.

by LogCon 8 Replies latest social relationships

• LogCon
    LogCon

A Hungarian brother used to come up with some humdingers. He was a child when his family escaped from Hungary when the Soviets came storming in about 1957. He would be at the door, a young person would answer, and he would ask him, 'What do you think of the situation?' Meanwhile the person is thinking, 'HUH?"

One time he took the door and said the following, ' Good morning, we are from the Jehovah's Witnesses cult.'

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Sylvia

• cult classic
    cult classic

I was working with a pioneer who had been in the circuit work til they were reassigned. We were out during the Xmas season and a woman came to the door. The pioneer flat out told the woman that xmas was satanic and she was wicked and was going to be destroyed at armaggedon real soon.

• piztjw
    piztjw

In the early seventies a "brother" read Revalation 21: 3-4 to the poor victim at the door. When the guy incredulously asked, "You mean to tell me that if I were bulding a house and smashed my thumb with a hammer, or cut of three or four fingers with a saw I wouldn't feel any pain from the injuries?"

The sap "brother" replied, "That's right. There will never be anymore pain, of any kind!"

What a dumb-ass!

• designs
    designs

Being with some pioneers in the early 1970s, (pre-1975) was interesting hearing them blab on about x number of months to the Big A.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

re piztjw's comment

I have wondered about that myself. I always kind of figured perfection meant you wouldn't make those kinds of mistakes.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

the craziest thing I've ever heard a witness say to a householder was: "Jehovah's witnesses base their beliefs on the bible and not the opinions of some clergy"

also, i think this thread may be in the wrong category

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LogCon - "One time he took the door and said the following, 'Good morning, we are from the Jehovah's Witnesses cult.'"

I'm guessing he either lost a bet, or maybe, just maybe, his authentic thoughts managed to slip out past the WTS filter...

• minimus
    minimus

If they didn't listen to the message, Jesus would turn you into a pig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit