Google search

by Skbj 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Skbj
    Skbj

Something just downed on me when searching up a quote from the Bible on google.

Wasn't anything important was just gonna make a joke on a FB of a friend but I was looking for the exact words so I posted the essence on google which gave me the results and verse. Then I researched the verse itself and I realised that at least on the 3 first pages there are no links connecting to any WT site. I mean that's great the least people lured in the better but if I were still in the "truth" I would wonder why, surely if I were preaching the truth and the internet is such a media in today's society I would want to see some reference of the any scripture linking back to the WT site at least on the first couple of pages and I would like to see them putting some effort on that when it's zero. I checked a few other verses randomly, same thing. Just saying.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Yea but you can type jw. in google and jw.org is the first site listed. (could that be considered an easter egg?)

Can you find anything on that site in the genral results via google? You can search directly by using site:jw.org in your search, and If I copy some text from a watchtower article and search, it does find the article on the site. So jw.org appears to be indexed.

But I have never seen a random result linking to anything on the jw site. I think it is likely because most of the people using that site just go there and search rather than using a search engine to find stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit