Rumor about the Imitate Jesus Convention

by FusionTheism 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

however can you imagine the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" there would be on the part of all those parents and grandparents who lost whole decades of their lives spent shunning their kids? I know quite a few who would be doing just that.

Not as bad as those that lost loved ones who died because they were not allow certain blood fractions that are now acceptable.

Their growth has gone from 15% pre 1975 to 2% 2013 so is it possible that it has finally clicked. In other words the downward spiral of growth has finally woken them up to either do something or fizzle out. The practice of shunning is now open to the public and it is a practice that repels new membership. So for the sake of staying alive and getting more mainstream, I can see it happening. And if it happens the members will praise the Governing Body for the New Light and confirm in their minds that God is directing the Only Channel on earth.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Will never happen.....

it is as likely as McDonald's getting rid of the Big Mac!

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

I just looked at the Imitate Jesus Convention Program on JW.org, and on the Saturday of the Convention, there will be a Symposium entitled: "Follow Jesus, Not the Pharisees."

I can't wait to see what is said in that Symposium.

My thoughts are that they will loosen their shunning of those who "slip up" and commit sexual sins or smoke or gamble, etc. But not those who openly oppose the Governing Body.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Not as bad as those that lost loved ones who died because they were not allow certain blood fractions that are now acceptable.

That would be me about my Dad.....and one of the biggies that made me head for the exit door.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Dont be gullible. That will never. Ever. Ever. Happen.

But even if it did 'new light' is NEVER released at the annual sales convention, its always at the annual meeting in october.

This is a nonstarter.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Oh yeah - allowing the sheeple to talk to those of us who have woken up is NEVER going to happen.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Hi, guess what I can talk to you now, New Light. What have you being

doing for last 28 years?? Kiss my rear and then I will politely hang up

the phone. Hell I'm ok not talking to you for the next 28 years baby brother.

• zophar
    zophar
    We should know soon. They have just updated the JW App so that the convention releases can be downloaded. I just did the update and haven't seen a way to download them yet but on the Update information it mentions Convention Releases. This is on an IPhone 5, no update available yet for my IPad.
  • hoser
    hoser
    They read a letter last week about not downloading the new releases until you have attended YOUR own convention. Ya right
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Sorry but that isn't happening. At the most there will be a meaningful token that is rolled out as some new merciful thing.

Think along the lines of now the elders can visit disfellowshipped ones TWICE a year, or some other token. Moms can talk to their kids but not dads. We can now look people in the eye at the checkout stand. All meaningless nonsense that does not relinquish the control mechanisms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit