UN turns on false religion

by the follower 6 Replies latest jw friends

• the follower
    the follower

I heard from a sister in Vienna that at the summer Convention there is going to be an announcement about the fact that the UN are setting up something to do with combatting religious fundamentalism in the wake of the terrorist attacks in America. It seems they are going to suggest that this indicates the fulfilling of prophesy and that this shows that the end is near. I don't know if it is true, but that is what I heard.

Beaten, corrupted, dying
    In his own blood lying
    Yet heaves up an eye above
    Cries, Love, love.
    It is his virtue needs explaining,
    Not his failing.

Stevie Smith

• Xander
    Xander

It's possible, I guess.

My personal opinion is that 'new light' will come up and 'update' their understanding on those verses.

The beast turning on the harlot will, instead, represent any action a government agency takes against wordly religion - for example, the charges being levelled against pedophiles in many major religions.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• SYN
    SYN

I'll believe it when I see it, just like everything else. Yet another Dub Urban Legend, if you ask me!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Well it's only appropriate ... they are pretty pi** with the JW's right now ...lol

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

they are such intellectual giants, arn't they???????

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Urban legend. The WTS has played up "big" announcements a couple of times in recent years. Turned out to be total nothings - one announced a new TMS textbook, which has yet to be seen, and that was it. The other was people who'd been Witnesses for so many decades were going to get the "privilege" of driving mucho hours to attend an incredibly boring annual meeting tie-in at assembly halls, or some such "event."

A REAL big announcment they would be playing to the hilt. They need all the positive excitement they can generate.

S4

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Hey Xander,

"The best turning on the harlot will, instead, represent any action a government agency takes against wordly religion - for example, the charges being levelled against pedophiles in many major religions."

my sentiments exactly.

Pureheart

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit